Are you ready for Java™ 8?
Eclipse Luna includes official support for Java 8 in the Java development tools, Plug-in Development Tools, Object Teams, Eclipse Communication Framework, Maven integration, Xtext, Xtend, Web Tools Platform, and Memory Analyzer.
- Java 8 support including language enhancements, search and refactoring, Quick Assist and Clean Up to migrate anonymous classes to lambda expressions and back, and new formatter options for lambdas.
- The Eclipse workbench provides a new dark theme which includes syntax highlighter settings for several programming languages.
- Paho provides open source implementations of open and standard messaging protocols that support current and emerging requirements of M2M integration with Web and Enterprise middleware and applications.
- The Eclipse Communication Project's (ECF) specification-compliant implementation of OSGi Remote Service/Remote Service Admin has been enhanced to support the use of Java 8's CompletableFuture for asynchronous remote services.
- Sirius allows architects to easily create their own graphical modeling workbenches by leveraging the Eclipse modeling technologies, including Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) and Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF). EcoreTools, the graphical modeler for Ecore, has been completely re-implemented based on Sirius.