Kepler M7 Test Plan
Testing day: Tuesday 2013-04-30
Test Build: Always switch to latest available I-build
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Manju, Noopur, Markus and Dani
- Windows 7: Dani, Manju
- Linux-GTK: Noopur
- Mac OS X 10.8: Markus
- test new functionality added since M6
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
Test New Functionality
First test the items where listed as first tester, then go to the other ones.
Pressing ';' as trigger to select a method should work with all methods. (Markus, Noopur - Questions: Manju)
- Verify that pressing ';' to select a method through content assist works for all method types.
- Verify duplicate ';' is not added in any case. Test this after enabling smart insert of semicolon in preference page.
Append ';' when a void method is inserted via content assist. (Noopur, Markus - Questions: Manju)
- Verify that when a void method is inserted via content assist, ';' is appended to the end of the method.
Refresh on call hierarchy should bring back previously removed nodes. (Dani, Markus - Questions: Manju)
- Verify that in call hierarchy view, deleting a node and then refreshing the view should bring back the removed node.
- Verify that duplicate nodes are not displayed when user perform drag and drop of the previously removed node in the view.
Remove text up to '>' on deleting '<' (Markus, Manju - Questions: Noopur)
- Verify that when content assist adds type parameters along with '<' and '>' for generic types,
deleting '<' in linked mode removes the entire text up to '>'.
'Restore Defaults' for Colors and Fonts Preferences (Manju, Dani - Questions: Noopur)
- Verify that 'Restore Defaults' for Colors and Fonts Preferences works as expected.
Completions without prefix (Noopur, Manju - Questions: Dani)
- verify that template proposals appear without typing a prefix
- verify that keyword proposals appear without typing a prefix
- verify that we don't get unexpected proposals when invoking content assist without a prefix
Quick Fix to create loop variable (Dani, Noopur - Questions: Markus)
When an enhanced for loop misses the type of the loop variable, the compiler generates 3 errors that are not too helpful (bug 180456).
- verify that the quick fix works when the caret is on either of the errors
- verify that no exceptions are thrown when the for loop's expression cannot be resolved
JUnit view renders assumptions as skipped (Manju, Noopur - Questions: Markus)
- verify that JUnit 3 test runs are rendered as before
- verify that JUnit 4 tests are rendered correctly:
- ignored tests have an empty icon with a slash
- tests whose assumption was not met have an icon with a slash and a non-empty failure trace
- verify that counters are correct
- verify that test runs are still rendered correctly after switching back and forth in history
Open Resource drop-down buttons (Noopur, Dani - Questions: Markus)
- verify that button enablement makes sense
- verify that Show In works with multi-selection
- verify that context menus still work
- verify that corner cases with button menu opening & closing are handled correctly
- e.g. open with click, close with Esc
Bug Verification (All)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.
Sanity Check The Build (All)
When done with all assigned items, sanity check the build by using it for development (either on "real" code or your pet project).