Kepler M5 Test Plan
Testing day: Tuesday 2013-1-29
Test Build: Always switch to latest available I-build
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Manju, Noopur, Markus and Dani
- Windows 7: Dani, Manju, Noopur
- Linux-GTK (sanity check only): Dani
- Mac OS X 10.8: Markus
- test new functionality added since M4
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
Test New Functionality
First test the items where listed as first tester, then go to the other ones.
Javadoc for packages (Noopur, Dani - Questions: Manju)
Test on package declarations, package imports, package code completion, pacakge-info.java, package-info.class and package.html.
- verify that it correctly displays in the Javadoc hover where applicable
- verify that it works in the Javadoc view where applicable
- verify that the toolbar buttons in the hover and the view work as expected
- verify that it works in the content assistant (additional info on the right) where applicable
null annotations for fields (Markus, Manju - Questions: Stephan)
- verify that it works as expected
- verify that the new 'Enable syntactic null analysis for fields' option works
Debug view: allow to stop selected thread(s) (Dani, Markus - Questions: Mike)
Take a look at the proposed feature (see bug bug 392893)
Debug view: 'Step Into Selection' should also be enabled if editor does not have focus (Dani, Markus - Questions: Mike)
- verify that 'Step Into selection' also works when the editor does not have focus
- verify that 'Step Into selection' still works when the editor does have the focus
- verify that 'Step Into selection' is disabled if there's no valid selection
Bug Verification (All)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.
Sanity Check The Build (All)
When done with all assigned items, sanity check the build by using it for development (either on "real" code or your pet project).