Kepler M4 Test Plan
Testing day: Tuesday 2012-12-11
Test Build: Always switch to latest available I-build
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Manju and Dani
- Windows 7: Dani, Manju
- Linux-GTK: -
- Mac OS X 10.8: -
- test new functionality added since M3
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
Test New Functionality
First test the items where listed as first tester, then go to the other ones.
Refresh action not available on packages (Manju, Dani - Questions: Dani)
- verify that refresh is available on packages
- verify that refresh is enabled if at least one selected element can be refreshed
concatenate/merge string literals quick assist (Manju, Dani - Questions: Dani)
- verify that the quick assist is availabe where expected
- verify that the quick assist works
Clean up works even if warnings are suppressed in the code (Dani, Manju - Questions: Dani)
- verify that clean up works even if warnings are suppressed in the code
Bug Verification (All)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.
Sanity Check The Build (All)
When done with all assigned items, sanity check the build by using it for development (either on "real" code or your pet project).