Juno M5 Test Plan
Testing day: Tuesday 2012-01-24
Test Build: Always switch to latest available I-build
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Deepak, Markus and Dani
- test new functionality added since M4
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
Test New Functionality
Pre-built index (Deepak, Dani - Questions: Satyam)
Test the new JDT Core feature.
- verify that the documentation for the command is good
- verify that the documentation on how to use the generated index is good
- test that the command to generate the index works
- test the generated index is used when specified in the
Detecting null field references (Dani, Deepak - Questions: Ayush, Stephan)
- test the new JDT Core feature and the new option in the UI
- test the polished UI for non-default null specification annotations
Resource leak warnings (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Stephan, Satyam)
Test the improved JDT Core feature.
- verify that real leaks are still detected (e.g. in source of Eclipse SDK 3.8.0)
- verify that unreal leaks are not reported (e.g. with StringReader, BufferedInputStream, ...)
Extract Method (Markus, Deepak - Questions: Deepak)
- verify that the refactoring now also works if the trailing ";" of an assignment is not selected
- verify that similar cases are handled properly
- verify that the enablement of the quick assist corresponds to the enablement of the refactoring, also if comments are selected
Source attachment encoding (Markus, Dani - Questions: Deepak)
Verify that you can specify the encoding for source attachments not in workspace, and that the value is persisted correctly
and used correctly to read the source attachment.
- verify the above for normal jar libraries.
- verify the above for jar libraries added using classpath variables.
- verify the above for jars in 'User Library container'.
- verify that encoding editing is disabled for 'JRE container' and a correct default is shown.
Bug Verification (All)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.