Juno M2 Test Plan
Testing day: Tuesday 2011-09-13
Test Build: Always switch to latest available I-build
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Raksha, Deepak, Markus and Dani
- test new functionality added since M1
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
Test New Functionality
Extract constant refactoring (Raksha, Markus - Questions: Deepak)
Verify that the refactoring works correctly while extracting a switch case statement expression.
Mark occurrences (Markus, Dani - Questions: Deepak)
Verify that the feature does not mark already caught exceptions. (Hint: Search > Occurrences in File > Throwing Exception)
Convert enhanced for loop to indexed/Iterator loop (Raksha, Deepak - Questions: Markus)
- Test quick assist enablement and functioning
- Verify that indexed version is available for arrays and
- Verify that Iterator version is available for
- Verify that quick assist doesn't change semantics, also for complex target expressions and if variable name "i" is already used
- Verify that modifiers and annotations on the variable are not lost
- Verify that linked mode works for the new variable name(s)
Rename type (Deepak, Raksha - Questions: Markus)
We've fixed a problem where the Rename Type refactoring didn't show an error when the rename leads to a shadowing problem in this situation:
p.A is renamed to C, but another type with the simple name C is *-imported in another CU in p, so after the rename, the reference in the other CU would resolve to the renamed p.C instead of the *-imported type.
- Verify that an error is shown in this situation
- Verify that no error is shown if this problem doesn't occur (i.e. usually)
Delete Working Sets from Package Explorer (Dani, Deepak - Questions: Raksha)
- Verify that the dialogs make sense for all combinations of user working sets and/or "Other Projects" selected
- Verify that clicking "Remove" in a mixed (working set + "Other Projects") selection removes the working sets and hides "Other Projects"
Bug Verification (All)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.