Juno M1 Test Plan
Testing day: Tuesday 2011-08-02
Test Build: Always switch to latest available I-build
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Raksha, Deepak, Markus and Dani
Use the latest available Oracle and IBM JREs.
- primary tester (listed as first one) uses the IBM JRE
- secondary tester (listed as second one) uses the Oracle JRE
Use your preferred workbench setup but make sure to start with a new workspace, so that bugs can be reproduced more easily.
First test all items where you are listed as first (or only) tester. Only when you have completed all those items, you can start with those where you are listed as second tester.
New Java 7 Support and Features
Test that the new Java 7 features are in and are working as expected.
- Switch on strings (Deepak, Dani)
- Binary literals (Dani, Deepak)
- Underscores in literals (Dani, Markus)
- Multi-catch (Markus, Dani)
- More precise rethrow (Raksha, Markus)
- Try-with-resources (Markus, Raksha)
- Simplified varargs method invocation (Raksha, Deepak)
- Diamond (Deepak, Raksha)
- Polymorphic signature methods in MethodHandle (Raksha, Markus)
- API Tools support: verify that we can find invalid references to 1.7 system libraries (Dani, Deepak)
- Switching Execution Environments via Quick Fix and by changing the buildpath entry (Deepak, Markus)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.
Freestyle Testing (all)
Once you have completed all assigned test items (including those where you are listed as secondary tester), you can implement a little feature or tool, or fix one of your favorite bugs, preferably using Java 7 constructs.