3.6 M6 Test Plan
Test day: Tuesday, 2010-03-09
Test Build: I20100308-1800 or newer (always switch to latest available build)
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Deepak, Markus
- Windows XP: Deepak
- Windows 7: -
- Linux-GTK: -
- Mac OS X: Markus
- test new functionality added since 3.6 M5
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
- sanity check performance
Test New Functionality
First test all those items where you are listed as first tester.
Move Type to New File refactoring (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Raksha)
Test the new refactoring to move a secondary type to a new file (bug 43277).
- test that the action is enabled and works for both member types and secondary types
- test that the enclosing instance is not created in case of secondary types and appropriate warning is shown if a type already exists with the same name
- test that imports are properly copied or added to the new file (note: we already have bugs for some issues)
Word Completion (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Raksha)
Test the new implementation for Word Completion (bug 270385).
- test that Word Completion works as expected (test with one and more open editors)
- test content assist suggests the expected word proposals (test with one and more open editors)
- test that the performance is much better (see bug 270385 for details)
Editing external CUs (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Dani)
Verify that external CUs can be edited and saved and that the Java model is updated while typing (bug 300940).
No leaks when closing hovers (Markus, Deepak - Questions: Dani)
Test that we don't leak objects and resources when closing hovers (bug 231788).
Less unexpected expansion of folded regions (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Dani)
Test that we no longer expand unaffected folded regions (bug 178203).
Improved File Search's File name pattern history (Markus, Deepak - Questions: Dani)
Test that we correctly remember the recently used file name patterns (bug 71340).
Compare Editor (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Dani)
Test that clicking 'Next Difference' very fast in Synchronize view does not lead to Exceptions. (bug 300157).
Find Broken Externalized Strings utility (Markus, Deepak - Questions: Deepak)
The utility should ignore methods which do not take a single string parameter. For example- calls like Messages.getResourceBundle() should not be listed as undefined keys. (Bug 295040)
Output folder deletion dialog (Markus, Deepak - Questions: Deepak)
Test that the messages displayed in Output folder deletion dialog are appropriate. (Bug 276906)
New Command ('Show Ruler Annotation Tooltip') for annotation hover (Markus, Deepak - Questions: Deepak)
- Test that the new command shows the 'summary hover' irrespective of 'Java -> Editor -> Hovers -> Expand vertical ruler icons upon hovering' preference. (Bug 272172)
- Test that the hover has focus, and is resizable and scrollable.
- Note: 'Summary hover' -> hover with textual description. 'Expansion hover' - hover with annotation icons.
JUnit 4 (Markus, Deepak - Questions: Markus)
- Verify that JUnit classpath container still works and has attached source (changes from bug 304573)
- Verify with shared install
Code Formatter Options (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Markus)
- Test the new code formatter options
- See N&N or bug 303163, bug 303314, bug 303405, bug 303773, bug 303506, bug 304534, bug 304052
Test new compiler option to suppress optional errors with @SuppressWarnings (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Markus)
- bug 303945
- quick fix to add @SuppressWarnings
Test support for referenced JARs (Deepak, Markus - Questions: Markus)
- Referenced JARs are JARs that are on the resolved classpath because they are referenced by another JAR via a 'Class-Path:' attribute in the MANIFEST.MF
- check rendering (origin comment at end of label)
- check enablement of 'Remove from Build Path' (bug 303155)
- check that source and Javadoc attachments can be modified and looks reasonable in .classpath
- known bug 304394: Javadoc attachment not used e.g. in hover.
- Build Path dialog does not yet show referenced JARs
Bug Verification (All)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.