3.4 M3 Test Plan
Test day: Tuesday, 2007-10-30
Test Build: I20071030-0010
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Benno, Dani, Markus, Martin
- WindowsXP: Dani
- WindowsVista: Martin
- Linux GTK: Benno
- Mac OS X: Markus
- test new functionality added since 3.4 M2
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
- sanity check performance
Test New Functionality
First test all those items where you are listed as first tester.
Format changed lines (Markus, Dani - FAQ: Benno)
Test Format only changed lines.
- Test in combination with other save actions
- Test that it works as you would expect (UI and behavior)
- Test performance
Rename NLS key renames in properties file (Markus, Dani - FAQ: Benno)
Test the rename of property accessor field does also rename the corresponding key in the corresponding properties file.
Highlighting numbers in Java code (Martin, Benno - FAQ: Dani)
Verify that the various number formats get their own color and that changing the preference works.
Content assist for static members when import missing (Benno, Martin- FAQ: Dani)
Add fields, methods and inner types to not yet imported type.
- verify that all static members appear and
- verify that imports are correctly added or the type fully-qualified (test with both settings)
Content assist for variables after instanceof (Benno, Martin - FAQ: Dani)
See bug 193909 for details and the supported cases.
Javadoc hover shows constant value (Benno, Markus - FAQ: Dani)
Test that the hover shows the constant value where possible and that the hex value is correct.
Toggle Comment action for the Properties File editor (Martin, Benno - FAQ: Dani)
Test adding and removing comments in the Properties File editor.
- verify that the action is in the context menu
- verify that the key binding works
Test Printing Improvements (Martin, Benno - FAQ: Dani)
Test the following printing support improvements:
- line numbers are now printed if enabled in the editor
- background color is no longer printed
- each page shows the file name in the header
- each page shows the current page number in the footer
- the print job gets a meaningful name
Search toolbar drop down (Dani, Markus - FAQ: Martin)
- Test that no early plug-in loading happens
- Test behavior
Navigator and project explorer use rename/move and delete participants (Markus, Dani - FAQ: Martin)
- Test that it works as expected
- Test with pessimistic team provider
- Test Undo
Search line matches (Dani, Markus - FAQ: Martin)
- Multiple matches on a line
- Look at corner cases and decide if more support is required (multi line matches, long lines)
Call Hierarchy (Dani, Martin - FAQ: Markus)
- Test caller hierarchy started on fields, types (are "called" by their constructors),
and instance initializers (are called by all constructors).
Every tester has to verify 1 bug. Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating
that you are about to verify it.