3.4 M1 Test Plan
Test day: Tuesday, 2007-08-07
Test Build: I20070807-0010
Components: Platform Search, Platform Text, JDT Text and JDT UI
Testers: Benno, Dani, Karsten, Markus
- WindowsXP: Benno
- WindowsVista: Karsten
- Linux GTK: Dani
- Mac OS X: Markus
- test new functionality added since R3.3
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
- sanity check performance
Test New Functionality
First test all those items where you are listed as first tester.
Export Refactoring scripts (ALL - FAQ: Markus)
- In your development workspace(s) (HEAD), use Refactor > Create Script...
and export all refactorings from all the org.eclipse.* projects you're working on (including tests)
- Mail the exported script to Markus.
I'll pass the scripts on to Danny Dig, who will use them to validate his dissertation.
Test Drag & Drop in all JDT views (Karsten, Markus - FAQ: Benno)
Drag & Drop has been changed to use the Platform UI code. We need to
retest our views:
- Drag & Drop inside same view
- Drag & Drop between our views (test all combinations)
- Drag & Drop between our views and others (test common combinations)
Reorg (Markus, Dani - FAQ: Benno)
Test drag and drop, copy/paste and refactor move of Java elements and non Java elements.
Use Java elements and none Java elements as target.
- Test in unsorted Outline view and Members view.
- Test in sorted views (Package Explorer, Type Hierarchy, Call Hierarchy...)
Extract Class Refactoring(Benno, Markus - FAQ: Karsten)
Test the refactoring on various classes.
- Check for annotations
- Unmodifiable classes
- Correct imports
Rename Package Refactoring (Dani, Benno - FAQ: Markus)
- Test with and without rename subpackages
- Test renaming to super- or sub-package, or to existing package (should fail, since we don't merge packages)
Test Regex Improvements (Benno, Karsten - FAQ: Markus or Dani)
- test new regex pattern '\R' to find line delimiters
- test new regex patterns in replace field ('\R', '\uhhhh', ..., see content assist or help)
- test new regex support: '\i' for capturing group i when replacing
- test that the editor selection is correctly escaped when using regex
- test that content assist help and help documentation (F1) is correct
Line matches in text search (Markus, Dani - FAQ: Martin/Dani)
- Test tree and list view
- Goto Next / previous
- Remove matches
- Matches over multiple lines, long matches
Replace dialog in text search (Dani, Karsten - FAQ: Martin/Markus)
- Replace selection and replace all
- Regex replace
- Replace and validate edit
- Replace after modifications
Serial version quick fix without launching a new process (Karsten, Benno - FAQ: Martin)
- Single and multiple quick fix
- Clean Up
Test 3.3.1 Fixes
Make sure to verify all
JDT Text and
JDT UI fixes.
Test all fixes against R3.3
Test all fixes against 3.4 M1
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating
that you are about to verify it.