3.7 Two Day Test Pass: JDT Core
Testing days: Monday, 2011-05-02 and Tuesday 2011-05-03
Test Build: Declared 3.7 M7/RC0 build (I20110428-0848)
Testers: Jay, Ayushman, Srikanth, Satyam and Olivier
Each new bug must state whether it is a regression compared to 3.6 or whether it is not.
- Olivier: Windows 7
Will test 3.7M7 on top of a 4.1 I-build
If yes, then the bug must state if there is a workaround and assess the severity of the issue.
- test new functionality added for 3.7
- verify that severe bugs are correctly fixed
- sanity check performance
Test New Functionality added for 3.7
Test all new features that have been added during 3.7 development.
This can be done by testing the features mentioned in the M1-M7
New and Noteworthy
The work will be split among JDT/Core committers after Monday's call.
- Check usage of inherit javadoc
- Check new "javadoc" token for @SuppressWarnings
- Check the new option for the code formatter to preserve whitespace between code and trailing comment
- Check the new compiler option to suppress unavoidable generic type problems
- Check the new compiler option to detect methods that can be static
- Check the detection of unread local variables
- Check the improved null analysis (check with assert statement, conditions,...)
- Check the code formatter options around annotations formatting
- Check the method parameter annotations can be retrieved in the Java Model
Bug Verification (All)
Before starting to verify a bug add a comment indicating that you are about to verify it.
Freestyle Testing (all)
Once all of the above test items are done (including those where you are listed as second tester), start with a fresh workspace and
change the settings in a way you normally don't work.
Implement a little feature or tool or fix one of your favorite bugs.