2.0.0.RELEASE - Release Notes
The Maya (2.0) release of Gemini Web upgrades Gemini Web to pick up Apache Tomcat 7 and Servlet 3.0 support and delivers several smaller enhancements and bug fixes.
Since Apache Tomcat was upgraded by a major version number, the major version number of Gemini Web has been incremented.
A new committer, Violeta Georgieva who works for SAP AG, joined during this release and is now a prolific contributor.
- Upgrade to Apache Tomcat 7.0.12
- Support latest Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages and Expression Language specifications
- Provide a new user guide
- Enable default web.xml to be customised without having to modify org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat bundle
- Support strict OSGi resolver mode (when internal Equinox packages are not used)
- Improved decoding of web URL query strings
A full list of bugs included in this release is available here.