Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » scout » Scout Book: Can't access the org.scribe plugin in the server
Scout Book: Can't access the org.scribe plugin in the server [message #1067401] Mon, 08 July 2013 14:13 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs Beeli
Messages: 330
Registered: October 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Senior Member
I've created the org.scribe library plugin according to chapter 5.10 and I can both see it in the Scout Explorer as well as the Package Explorer (marked green in the screenshot).

However, I cannot organise the imports to find OAuthService, the content of those two jar files does not seem to be visible.

Are there any additional steps needed except those listed in chapter 5.10 to get access to the scribe libaray?

index.php/fa/15511/0/
  • Attachment: scribe.png
    (Size: 143.76KB, Downloaded 169 times)
Re: Scout Book: Can't access the org.scribe plugin in the server [message #1067460 is a reply to message #1067401] Mon, 08 July 2013 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias Zimmermann
Messages: 81
Registered: February 2010
Member
One difference to the books setup I can see is the organisation of the org.scribe library bundle. Opening the books workspace [1] in the Scout SDK (Kepler Package) displays the commons-codec and the scribe JAR files under folder 'Reference Libraries' (which is missing in your screenshot) in the Eclipse package explorer.

You may want to verify the setup of your version of the org.scribe against the one provided with the book [1].

[1] https://github.com/BSI-Business-Systems-Integration-AG/scoutbook/tree/master/code/oneDayTutorial/org.scribe
Re: Scout Book: Can't access the org.scribe plugin in the server [message #1067514 is a reply to message #1067460] Tue, 09 July 2013 08:08 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs Beeli
Messages: 330
Registered: October 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Senior Member
Thanks, I found a few discrepancies:

My .classpath file was missing these two lines:
	<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="lib/commons-codec-1.8.jar"/>
<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="lib/scribe-1.3.0.jar"/>


And in my MANIFEST.MF file I had this line
Export-Package: lib

instead of these
Export-Package: org.apache.commons.codec,
 org.apache.commons.codec.binary,
 org.apache.commons.codec.digest,
 org.apache.commons.codec.language,
 org.apache.commons.codec.language.bm,
 org.apache.commons.codec.net,
 org.scribe.builder,
 org.scribe.builder.api,
 org.scribe.exceptions,
 org.scribe.extractors,
 org.scribe.model,
 org.scribe.oauth,
 org.scribe.services,
 org.scribe.utils


I've re-read the instructions on how to create that bundle and I believe that I have followed the instructions that were given to a step. What could be the reason that my files look different? Is there something that I could have done differently when adding this library plugin? Or do the modifications that I now made need to be made manually? In which case that should probably be added to the book?

One difference that I noticed was that the second screen of my Library Bundle Wizard (Fig 5.36) looked slightly different in that it has an additional list and two more buttons:
index.php/fa/15521/0/

Anyway, now that I've updated my classpath and manifest files the project compiles cleanly. However, accessing the OAuth URL fails because I'm behind an authenticating proxy (but I'll open a separate post for this issue).

Thanks for helping me solve this.
  • Attachment: scribe.png
    (Size: 59.82KB, Downloaded 148 times)
Previous Topic:The Eclipse Scout Book is out
Next Topic:Accessing startup parameters
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 15 04:17:29 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02963 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software