Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » How do I include gemini/virgo support in my own tomcat (Using my own tomcat, no virgo or gemini web embedded tomcat)
How do I include gemini/virgo support in my own tomcat [message #892300] Wed, 27 June 2012 16:25 Go to next message
Jonathan Gamba is currently offline Jonathan GambaFriend
How can be add virgo and/or gemini support to my own tomcat?, I don't want to use virgo or gemini web embedded tomcat, there must be a way to accomplish that without using their own embedded application servers and have their benefits as spring support.

Using their application servers is not an option as I already have a running tomcat application. I want to add OSGI support and the spring support to the OSGI bundles that virgo and gemini projects offer.

Thanks!
Re: How do I include gemini/virgo support in my own tomcat [message #892307 is a reply to message #892300] Wed, 27 June 2012 16:54 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
You're right that this would be a great feature, but unfortunately it is not implemented or planned.

People have successfully run Equinox inside Tomcat: see this blog for example. As of Virgo 3.5.0, Virgo Kernel (and Virgo Nano for that matter) conform to 'standard' Equinox directory layout and launching, it should be possible to achieve what you need. Just needs someone to give it a go and write up their findings... Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Looking for maven repository for Gemini Blueprint
Next Topic:[JPA] Using exclude-unlisted-classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:57:26 GMT 2024