Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » Namespace issue on createContainer(Namespace extension on ActiveMQ Provider not registereing)
Namespace issue on createContainer [message #1015093] Wed, 27 February 2013 12:52 Go to next message
Robert Onslow is currently offline Robert OnslowFriend
Scott

I am evaluating ApacheMQ as a provider.

I have a call as follows:
IContainer container = manager.getContainerFactory().createContainer("ecf.jms.activemq.tcp.client", new Object[]{"tcp://localhost:8161/uk_co_xlegal_liveshow_annotation"});

This throws an exception that the ID ecf.namespace.jmsid is not found.

This ID is looked up in createContainer using the Equinox extension registry mechanism. I see that org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms extends the namespace extension point defined in org.eclipse.ecf.identity

All bundles are active. I am starting org.eclipse.equinox.registry before other bundles. It looks as though the plugin.xml in org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms is not being read at startup. There has been some discussion about lazy loading of the extension, but I am not sure where we ended up on this. I tried a forcing call to ContainerFactory.getDefault() before the call to createContainer, but this did not cause the registration of the namespace either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Robert
Re: Namespace issue on createContainer [message #1015113 is a reply to message #1015093] Wed, 27 February 2013 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Answered my own question!
Need to start org.eclipse.ecf.identity before any calls to createContainer
Thnks
Robert
Re: Namespace issue on createContainer [message #1015138 is a reply to message #1015113] Wed, 27 February 2013 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Hi Robert.

Yes, org.eclipse.ecf.identity needs to be started, but it should be started automatically (i.e. if one refers to ID, or IDFactory...prior to the call to createContainer). Is it not getting started automatically?

Thanks.
Re: Namespace issue on createContainer [message #1015158 is a reply to message #1015138] Wed, 27 February 2013 15:36 Go to previous message
Yes. I have now put in a forcing call to IDFactory.getDefault() before the call to createContainer()

Previous Topic:Multiple topics for DistributedEventAdmin
Next Topic:ApacheMQ Provider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:14:36 GMT 2024