Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » No notification of PRE_BUILD for INCREMENTAL_BUILD
No notification of PRE_BUILD for INCREMENTAL_BUILD [message #305025] Wed, 21 June 2006 11:54 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: matt.querix.com

Hi all,

Eclipse does not seem to fire a PRE_BUILD ResourceChangedEvent before an
INCREMENTAL_BUILD (the type you get if you press the 'Build All'
button). It does this for other types of build, such as AUTO_BUILD or
CLEAN_BUILD, why? This seems like a bug to me.

When the user is building more than one project, I want to clear my
console only at the start of the whole build process and I was inteded
to do this when the PRE_BUILD event is received (doing it in my own
builder would clear the console for each project, which I don't want).
Is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Matt D.
Re: No notification of PRE_BUILD for INCREMENTAL_BUILD [message #305026 is a reply to message #305025] Wed, 21 June 2006 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: matt.querix.com

This behaviour appears to be intentional,

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=124490
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=101942

However, this does not solve my problem. I need to know when a build is
about to occur, and PRE_BUILD is the only way I can think of.

Does anyone know how else can I solve this problem? I am reluctant to
reopen a bug when the behaviour is described as intentional (though I
may well have to if there not other way of doing it).

Thanks

Matt D.

Matt Dickie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Eclipse does not seem to fire a PRE_BUILD ResourceChangedEvent before an
> INCREMENTAL_BUILD (the type you get if you press the 'Build All'
> button). It does this for other types of build, such as AUTO_BUILD or
> CLEAN_BUILD, why? This seems like a bug to me.
>
> When the user is building more than one project, I want to clear my
> console only at the start of the whole build process and I was inteded
> to do this when the PRE_BUILD event is received (doing it in my own
> builder would clear the console for each project, which I don't want).
> Is there another way to achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Matt D.
Re: No notification of PRE_BUILD for INCREMENTAL_BUILD [message #305088 is a reply to message #305026] Thu, 22 June 2006 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: matt.querix.com

I have created a new bug for this (Eclipse's bugzilla would not allow me
to reopen the old one):

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=148220

Matt


Matt Dickie wrote:
> This behaviour appears to be intentional,
>
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=124490
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=101942
>
> However, this does not solve my problem. I need to know when a build is
> about to occur, and PRE_BUILD is the only way I can think of.
>
> Does anyone know how else can I solve this problem? I am reluctant to
> reopen a bug when the behaviour is described as intentional (though I
> may well have to if there not other way of doing it).
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt D.
>
> Matt Dickie wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Eclipse does not seem to fire a PRE_BUILD ResourceChangedEvent before
>> an INCREMENTAL_BUILD (the type you get if you press the 'Build All'
>> button). It does this for other types of build, such as AUTO_BUILD or
>> CLEAN_BUILD, why? This seems like a bug to me.
>>
>> When the user is building more than one project, I want to clear my
>> console only at the start of the whole build process and I was inteded
>> to do this when the PRE_BUILD event is received (doing it in my own
>> builder would clear the console for each project, which I don't want).
>> Is there another way to achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Matt D.
Re: No notification of PRE_BUILD for INCREMENTAL_BUILD [message #305138 is a reply to message #305088] Fri, 23 June 2006 10:56 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: matt.querix.com

This has been recognised by IBM as a bug and a fix has been released
into the tree for 3.3 milestone 1.

Matt Dickie wrote:
> I have created a new bug for this (Eclipse's bugzilla would not allow me
> to reopen the old one):
>
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=148220
>
> Matt
>
>
> Matt Dickie wrote:
>
>> This behaviour appears to be intentional,
>>
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=124490
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=101942
>>
>> However, this does not solve my problem. I need to know when a build
>> is about to occur, and PRE_BUILD is the only way I can think of.
>>
>> Does anyone know how else can I solve this problem? I am reluctant to
>> reopen a bug when the behaviour is described as intentional (though I
>> may well have to if there not other way of doing it).
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Matt D.
>>
>> Matt Dickie wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Eclipse does not seem to fire a PRE_BUILD ResourceChangedEvent before
>>> an INCREMENTAL_BUILD (the type you get if you press the 'Build All'
>>> button). It does this for other types of build, such as AUTO_BUILD or
>>> CLEAN_BUILD, why? This seems like a bug to me.
>>>
>>> When the user is building more than one project, I want to clear my
>>> console only at the start of the whole build process and I was
>>> inteded to do this when the PRE_BUILD event is received (doing it in
>>> my own builder would clear the console for each project, which I
>>> don't want). Is there another way to achieve this?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Matt D.
Previous Topic:Probably simple problem with Job and asyncExec()
Next Topic:Using ant from within Eclipse Plugin
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Jul 22 09:34:03 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02510 seconds