Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » RCP branding problem
RCP branding problem [message #268476] Tue, 24 August 2004 18:53 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: nomelody.gmx.net

Hi I am developing an RCP application with Eclipse 3.0 and I am having
trouble with the branding. I have added the following to my plugin.xml
file to change some things like icons/about text... however it does nothing

<extension id="myproduct" point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.products">
<product name="My RPC Application"
application="com.steve.RcpApplication">
<property name="appName" value="My RPC Application"/>
<property name="windowImages" value="icons/product.gif"/>
<property name="aboutText" value="About My RPC Application"/>
<property name="aboutImage" value="icons/product.gif"/>
</product>
</extension>


where "com.steve.RcpApplication" implements IPlatformRunnable. can anybody
point me in the right direction please. I am developing it as an plugin
and not a feature but it shouldnt matter if I add to the
"org.eclipse.core.runtime.products" extension, right? Cheers for any help.

Steve
Re: RCP branding problem [message #268506 is a reply to message #268476] Wed, 25 August 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: manahan.NOSPAM.ca.ibm.com

Did you run eclipse with either -Declipse.product=<pluginid>.myproduct
or set eclipse.product in the configuration/config.ini file?


Peter

Steve F. wrote:

> Hi I am developing an RCP application with Eclipse 3.0 and I am having
> trouble with the branding. I have added the following to my plugin.xml
> file to change some things like icons/about text... however it does nothing
>
> <extension id="myproduct" point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.products">
> <product name="My RPC Application"
> application="com.steve.RcpApplication">
> <property name="appName" value="My RPC Application"/>
> <property name="windowImages" value="icons/product.gif"/>
> <property name="aboutText" value="About My RPC Application"/>
> <property name="aboutImage" value="icons/product.gif"/>
> </product>
> </extension>
>
>
> where "com.steve.RcpApplication" implements IPlatformRunnable. can anybody
> point me in the right direction please. I am developing it as an plugin
> and not a feature but it shouldnt matter if I add to the
> "org.eclipse.core.runtime.products" extension, right? Cheers for any help.
>
> Steve
>
Re: RCP branding problem [message #268596 is a reply to message #268506] Wed, 25 August 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: nomelody.gmx.net

Thanks Peter, thats the solution allright, I just needed to set up the
config.ini file correctly, cheers :)

Steve

Peter Manahan wrote:

> Did you run eclipse with either -Declipse.product=<pluginid>.myproduct
> or set eclipse.product in the configuration/config.ini file?


> Peter

> Steve F. wrote:

> > Hi I am developing an RCP application with Eclipse 3.0 and I am having
> > trouble with the branding. I have added the following to my plugin.xml
> > file to change some things like icons/about text... however it does nothing
> >
> > <extension id="myproduct" point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.products">
> > <product name="My RPC Application"
> > application="com.steve.RcpApplication">
> > <property name="appName" value="My RPC Application"/>
> > <property name="windowImages" value="icons/product.gif"/>
> > <property name="aboutText" value="About My RPC Application"/>
> > <property name="aboutImage" value="icons/product.gif"/>
> > </product>
> > </extension>
> >
> >
> > where "com.steve.RcpApplication" implements IPlatformRunnable. can anybody
> > point me in the right direction please. I am developing it as an plugin
> > and not a feature but it shouldnt matter if I add to the
> > "org.eclipse.core.runtime.products" extension, right? Cheers for any help.
> >
> > Steve
> >
Re: RCP branding problem [message #268628 is a reply to message #268506] Wed, 25 August 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Krügler is currently offline Daniel KrüglerFriend
Messages: 853
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Peter Manahan schrieb:
> Did you run eclipse with either -Declipse.product=<pluginid>.myproduct
> or set eclipse.product in the configuration/config.ini file?
>
>
> Peter


Btw.: Do you know whether it is possible to envoke the splash screen of
an RCP by starting it via the Eclipse run configurator?
I do get the splash screen in my exported product (where the
osgi.splashPath is correctly set), but currently I don't know how to
get the same effect in the program started by Eclipse itself.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Krügler
Re: RCP branding problem [message #268643 is a reply to message #268628] Wed, 25 August 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: nomelody.gmx.net

I tryed setting -Dosgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/<mypluginid> in
the run configurator but no joy. If i get it working Ill mail you.

Steve

Daniel Krügler wrote:

> Peter Manahan schrieb:
> > Did you run eclipse with either -Declipse.product=<pluginid>.myproduct
> > or set eclipse.product in the configuration/config.ini file?
> >
> >
> > Peter


> Btw.: Do you know whether it is possible to envoke the splash screen of
> an RCP by starting it via the Eclipse run configurator?
> I do get the splash screen in my exported product (where the
> osgi.splashPath is correctly set), but currently I don't know how to
> get the same effect in the program started by Eclipse itself.

> Thanks in advance,

> Daniel Krügler
Re: RCP branding problem [message #268751 is a reply to message #268476] Thu, 26 August 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: pascal.ibm.canada

You can find info about branding a product here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/plat form-core-home/docs/branding/BrandingYourApplication.html

PaScaL

Steve F. wrote:
> Hi I am developing an RCP application with Eclipse 3.0 and I am having
> trouble with the branding. I have added the following to my plugin.xml
> file to change some things like icons/about text... however it does nothing
>
> <extension id="myproduct" point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.products">
> <product name="My RPC Application"
> application="com.steve.RcpApplication">
> <property name="appName" value="My RPC Application"/>
> <property name="windowImages" value="icons/product.gif"/>
> <property name="aboutText" value="About My RPC Application"/>
> <property name="aboutImage" value="icons/product.gif"/>
> </product>
> </extension>
>
>
> where "com.steve.RcpApplication" implements IPlatformRunnable. can anybody
> point me in the right direction please. I am developing it as an plugin
> and not a feature but it shouldnt matter if I add to the
> "org.eclipse.core.runtime.products" extension, right? Cheers for any help.
>
> Steve
>
Re: RCP branding problem [message #268782 is a reply to message #268751] Thu, 26 August 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Krügler is currently offline Daniel KrüglerFriend
Messages: 853
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Pascal Rapicault,

Pascal Rapicault schrieb:
> You can find info about branding a product here:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/plat form-core-home/docs/branding/BrandingYourApplication.html

Thanks for that nicely written document!

One question remains: In the section "Replacing the splash screen" it says

"..
The splash screen to be displayed is controlled by system properties
that can either be passed as vm arguments or added to the config.ini
file that we modified previously. The two properties are:

* osgi.splashLocation: full path to the splash screen in the file
system. For example
c:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.examples.rcp.browser/splas h.bmp;

* osgi.splashPath: comma separated list of URL that will be searched for
the splash screen. Only "file:" and "platform:" URLs are supported. For
example platform:/base/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.examples.rcp.browser/. The
entries will be searched until a file called splash.bmp is found.
"

My product branding concerning the splash screen does work in the
deployed version, but not the version started by the Eclipse run
configurator (where the configuration is set to "Run as product").

Lets say the plugin providing the product extension is named
com.example.ui, I added the the VM argument

-Dosgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/com.example.ui

where the splash.bmp is located in my workspace/com.example.ui
directory, but it doesn't work (Btw: I also tried

-Dosgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/com.example.ui/

).

Please note that the remaining product features like windowImages and
appName are correctly used and that the invocation of the splash.bmp
in the **deployed** version (via its config.ini entry) **does** work.

Is that a bug or what is my error here??

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Krügler
Re: RCP branding problem [message #268804 is a reply to message #268782] Thu, 26 August 2004 12:08 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: pascal.ibm.canada

The osgi.splashPath does not work in selfhost (because Main which does
not know a lot, only looks for the plugins in the plugin folder).

It could be good if you opened a bug report against platform runtime.

PaScaL

Daniel Krügler wrote:
> Hello Pascal Rapicault,
>
> Pascal Rapicault schrieb:
>
>> You can find info about branding a product here:
>> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/plat form-core-home/docs/branding/BrandingYourApplication.html
>
>
>
> Thanks for that nicely written document!
>
> One question remains: In the section "Replacing the splash screen" it says
>
> "..
> The splash screen to be displayed is controlled by system properties
> that can either be passed as vm arguments or added to the config.ini
> file that we modified previously. The two properties are:
>
> * osgi.splashLocation: full path to the splash screen in the file
> system. For example
> c:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.examples.rcp.browser/splas h.bmp;
>
> * osgi.splashPath: comma separated list of URL that will be searched for
> the splash screen. Only "file:" and "platform:" URLs are supported. For
> example platform:/base/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.examples.rcp.browser/. The
> entries will be searched until a file called splash.bmp is found.
> "
>
> My product branding concerning the splash screen does work in the
> deployed version, but not the version started by the Eclipse run
> configurator (where the configuration is set to "Run as product").
>
> Lets say the plugin providing the product extension is named
> com.example.ui, I added the the VM argument
>
> -Dosgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/com.example.ui
>
> where the splash.bmp is located in my workspace/com.example.ui
> directory, but it doesn't work (Btw: I also tried
>
> -Dosgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/com.example.ui/
>
> ).
>
> Please note that the remaining product features like windowImages and
> appName are correctly used and that the invocation of the splash.bmp
> in the **deployed** version (via its config.ini entry) **does** work.
>
> Is that a bug or what is my error here??
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Daniel Krügler
>
>
>
>
>
>
Previous Topic:[OT] j9 VM
Next Topic:Plugin discover its own version
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 27 13:34:55 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03601 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software