Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » BIRT 2.2.0 - csv format
BIRT 2.2.0 - csv format [message #258948] Mon, 22 October 2007 09:59 Go to next message
Shomy Jose is currently offline Shomy Jose
Messages: 49
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

May I know whether BIRT 2.2.0 supports generating reports in .csv format?

Thanks and Regards,
Shomy
Re: BIRT 2.2.0 - csv format [message #258971 is a reply to message #258948] Mon, 22 October 2007 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: brell.oio.de

You can export your report data to csv using WebViewer in frameset-mode by
clicking the export Button on top of the generated HTML-Page.


"Shomy Jose" <shomy.jose@hcl.in> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:259c111b2f6248c0306a28b8f86ebef0$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> May I know whether BIRT 2.2.0 supports generating reports in .csv format?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Shomy
>
Re: BIRT 2.2.0 - csv format [message #258977 is a reply to message #258971] Mon, 22 October 2007 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shomy Jose is currently offline Shomy Jose
Messages: 49
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

Could you give me idea whether it is possible to do the export to csv
programatically.

Thanks and Regards,
Shomy
Re: BIRT 2.2.0 - csv format [message #258993 is a reply to message #258977] Mon, 22 October 2007 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: brell.oio.de

You can have a look at the BIRT CVS project org.eclipse.report.viewer
BirtViewerReportServicejava method to see how to do it with the use of
Report Engine API.

You first have to create a .rptdocument, because Report Engine API can only
extract the data from a .rptdocument.
You can then call the method extractData on your ReportEngineService Object
with parameters: .rptdocument, resultSetId, columns, locale in which to
export, encoding if needed and the column seperator for csv.
There are also methods to list all available resultSetIds in your
..rptdocument with all its columns .

"Shomy Jose" <shomy.jose@hcl.in> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bb90e421491f2c4f5710349a709422fc$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> Could you give me idea whether it is possible to do the export to csv
> programatically.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Shomy
>
Re: BIRT 2.2.0 - csv format [message #258997 is a reply to message #258993] Mon, 22 October 2007 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: brell.oio.de

Sorry forgot to mention the method name in BirtViewerReportService.java
It s name is extractResultSet.


"Christian Brell" <brell@oio.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ffi88e$11v$1@build.eclipse.org...
> You can have a look at the BIRT CVS project org.eclipse.report.viewer
> BirtViewerReportServicejava method to see how to do it with the use of
> Report Engine API.
>
> You first have to create a .rptdocument, because Report Engine API can
only
> extract the data from a .rptdocument.
> You can then call the method extractData on your ReportEngineService
Object
> with parameters: .rptdocument, resultSetId, columns, locale in which to
> export, encoding if needed and the column seperator for csv.
> There are also methods to list all available resultSetIds in your
> .rptdocument with all its columns .
>
> "Shomy Jose" <shomy.jose@hcl.in> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:bb90e421491f2c4f5710349a709422fc$1@www.eclipse.org...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could you give me idea whether it is possible to do the export to csv
> > programatically.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Shomy
> >
>
>
Re: BIRT 2.2.0 - csv format [message #259157 is a reply to message #258977] Tue, 23 October 2007 16:48 Go to previous message
Scott Rosenbaum is currently offline Scott Rosenbaum
Messages: 425
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Shomy,

I have been working on a couple of projects that act as example runtime projects.

They are currently in my Subversion server at:

http://longlake.minnovent.com/repos/birt_example

The http://longlake.minnovent.com/repos/birt_example/birt_api_ex ample/ project
holds the actual examples.

http://longlake.minnovent.com/repos/birt_example/birt_runtim e_lib/ contains
the runtime libraries and plug-ins required to make everything work. If you
download these two projects into your workspace it should be a good starting
point.

If you need a client to get at the source, Subclipse which you can get through

the Eclipse Update Site at:
http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.2.x


If you look at the reapi/DataExtract class it should help you do what you
are trying to do.

Scott Rosenbaum



> Hi,
>
> Could you give me idea whether it is possible to do the export to csv
> programatically.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Shomy
Previous Topic:Problem to add a structure with api
Next Topic:BIRT 2.2.0 - Report Viewer
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Sep 21 04:19:01 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04337 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software