Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » WSDL first - wsimport
WSDL first - wsimport [message #232022] Mon, 01 June 2009 09:54 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: housh_housh.yahoo.com

Hello,

I have a wsdl an I want to generate the SEI and the other classes with
the wsimport command.

Is it somehow possible to call the command from the WTP-GUI?

I hate going to the console, generating the classes and then going back
to the Eclipse-Gui, importing them into the generated-classes-package.

thx,
harald
Re: WSDL first - wsimport [message #232038 is a reply to message #232022] Mon, 01 June 2009 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Hutchinson is currently offline Mark Hutchinson
Messages: 53
Registered: July 2009
Member
You can use the web services wizard in WTP to create a top down (WSDL
first) web service using apache axis or apache axis2.

For Apache Axis, have a look at this document:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_Top-Down_Java_Web_Service _Skeleton_from_a_WSDL_Document


For Axis 2, have a look at:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_top-down_Axis2_Web_servic e

These will use the Axis wsdl2java command, and might do what you are
looking for. I believe wsimport is a JAX-WS command, and WTP does not
currently support JAX-WS.

exquisitus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a wsdl an I want to generate the SEI and the other classes with
> the wsimport command.
>
> Is it somehow possible to call the command from the WTP-GUI?
>
> I hate going to the console, generating the classes and then going back
> to the Eclipse-Gui, importing them into the generated-classes-package.
>
> thx,
> harald
Re: WSDL first - wsimport [message #232111 is a reply to message #232038] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: housh_housh.yahoo.com

Hello,

just to make sure...
WTP does NOT support JAX-WS?

thx,
harald


Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> You can use the web services wizard in WTP to create a top down (WSDL
> first) web service using apache axis or apache axis2.
>
> For Apache Axis, have a look at this document:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_Top-Down_Java_Web_Service _Skeleton_from_a_WSDL_Document
>
>
> For Axis 2, have a look at:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_top-down_Axis2_Web_servic e
>
> These will use the Axis wsdl2java command, and might do what you are
> looking for. I believe wsimport is a JAX-WS command, and WTP does not
> currently support JAX-WS.
>
> exquisitus wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a wsdl an I want to generate the SEI and the other classes with
>> the wsimport command.
>>
>> Is it somehow possible to call the command from the WTP-GUI?
>>
>> I hate going to the console, generating the classes and then going back
>> to the Eclipse-Gui, importing them into the generated-classes-package.
>>
>> thx,
>> harald
Re: WSDL first - wsimport [message #232154 is a reply to message #232111] Thu, 04 June 2009 11:30 Go to previous message
Mark Hutchinson is currently offline Mark Hutchinson
Messages: 53
Registered: July 2009
Member
WTP supports Apache Axis, and Axis2.

I understand there is a JAX-WS incubator project that uses Apache CXF,
but I have not tried it out. You can check out their wiki page at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JAXWS

exquisitus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just to make sure...
> WTP does NOT support JAX-WS?
>
> thx,
> harald
>
>
> Mark Hutchinson wrote:
>> You can use the web services wizard in WTP to create a top down (WSDL
>> first) web service using apache axis or apache axis2.
>>
>> For Apache Axis, have a look at this document:
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_Top-Down_Java_Web_Service _Skeleton_from_a_WSDL_Document
>>
>>
>> For Axis 2, have a look at:
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_top-down_Axis2_Web_servic e
>>
>> These will use the Axis wsdl2java command, and might do what you are
>> looking for. I believe wsimport is a JAX-WS command, and WTP does not
>> currently support JAX-WS.
>>
>> exquisitus wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a wsdl an I want to generate the SEI and the other classes with
>>> the wsimport command.
>>>
>>> Is it somehow possible to call the command from the WTP-GUI?
>>>
>>> I hate going to the console, generating the classes and then going back
>>> to the Eclipse-Gui, importing them into the generated-classes-package.
>>>
>>> thx,
>>> harald
Previous Topic:WSDL Listener
Next Topic:Axis 2 - 1.4
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 23 07:46:32 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.11164 seconds