Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » No standard include Paths with Eclipse Kepler on Linux Ubuntu 13.10.(Under Project Properties: C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols I see that there is no include directory given under any of "Assembly", "GNU C" or "GNU C++".)
No standard include Paths with Eclipse Kepler on Linux Ubuntu 13.10. [message #1273406] Thu, 20 March 2014 01:27 Go to next message
Steve Lock is currently offline Steve LockFriend
I am using Eclipse Kepler (Service Release 2) on Linux Ubuntu 13.10.

Trying to build a "hello world" project (created using File->New->C++Project->HelloWorldC++Project) results in "unresolved inclusion: <iostream>".

Under Project Properties:
C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols
I see that there is no include directory given under any of "Assembly", "GNU C" or "GNU C++".

Setting/deleting the checkmark at "Show built-in values" doesn't help.
Also not helping is trying to clear the discovery entries under Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Discovery Options.

I would be very pleased if anyone could tell me either
- how to get Eclipse auto-setting the necessary standard include paths
or
- tell me which paths I actualy need to set myself to get a simple hello-World C++ project running

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Re: No standard include Paths with Eclipse Kepler on Linux Ubuntu 13.10. [message #1341630 is a reply to message #1273406] Thu, 08 May 2014 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Henderson is currently offline Jim HendersonFriend
I'm having the same issue on Ubuntu 12.04! It was working just fine yesterday morning. Did you figure it out?
Re: No standard include Paths with Eclipse Kepler on Linux Ubuntu 13.10. [message #1359177 is a reply to message #1341630] Fri, 16 May 2014 07:55 Go to previous message
Michael Mising name is currently offline Michael Mising nameFriend
Worked out of the box last week on 14.04 with the latest Eclipse CDT. Maybe try a fresh install?
Previous Topic:IIndexer
Next Topic:Doubts using pretty printer for QT4 while cross compiling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:08:46 GMT 2024