Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » cvs add and added independently by second party
cvs add and added independently by second party [message #210368] Fri, 12 March 2004 10:00 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: leoonardoo.yahoo.it

I added some files to a cvs server without using Eclipse.
Now I want to use Eclipse to manage the cvs system: I shared the project,
but it seems that the files aren't on the cvs server (Eclipse shows them as
new files). So I tried to add them to the cvs server but I get "cvs add:
file xxx added independently by second party" (which makes sense since the
files are already there).

What should I do?
Re: cvs add and added independently by second party [message #210388 is a reply to message #210368] Fri, 12 March 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: remove.this.tim.adler.at.bertelsmann.de

So, do I get you right that there already was a collection of your
sources in the CVS? And that you made them CVS-monitored in Eclipse by
sharing them?!

Cause if you did it that way, then you most likely have two version of
the sources in the CVS or something else not very nice. I'd delete your
local project (first close) and then go into the CVS Repository View
then do "Check out As...", at least that is what I always do...

UltimoAmore wrote:

> I added some files to a cvs server without using Eclipse.
> Now I want to use Eclipse to manage the cvs system: I shared the project,
> but it seems that the files aren't on the cvs server (Eclipse shows them as
> new files). So I tried to add them to the cvs server but I get "cvs add:
> file xxx added independently by second party" (which makes sense since the
> files are already there).
>
> What should I do?
>
Re: cvs add and added independently by second party [message #210402 is a reply to message #210388] Fri, 12 March 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: lfrancalanci.simtel.it

"Tim Adler" <remove.this@tim.adler.at.bertelsmann.de> wrote in message
news:c2s4kf$n22$1@eclipse.org...
> So, do I get you right that there already was a collection of your
> sources in the CVS? And that you made them CVS-monitored in Eclipse by
> sharing them?!
>
> Cause if you did it that way, then you most likely have two version of
> the sources in the CVS or something else not very nice. I'd delete your
> local project (first close) and then go into the CVS Repository View
> then do "Check out As...", at least that is what I always do...


I found the way to do that: reading "Project checked out with another CVS
tool"
from the help I simply checked out using the other tool and now
Eclipse sees those files as already under cvs BUT, although the files are
identical
(I checked out from the server), it shows them as they have some changes
and the only option I have is to commit, but the Java source compare doesn't
show any difference. What am I doing wrong?
Re: cvs add and added independently by second party [message #210595 is a reply to message #210402] Fri, 12 March 2004 16:21 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eclipse-user.jibeinc.com

Leonardo wrote:
> I found the way to do that: reading "Project checked out with another CVS
> tool"
> from the help I simply checked out using the other tool and now
> Eclipse sees those files as already under cvs BUT, although the files are
> identical
> (I checked out from the server), it shows them as they have some changes
> and the only option I have is to commit, but the Java source compare doesn't
> show any difference. What am I doing wrong?

You can always just choose the files/directory and choose "Override and
Update" from the popup menu. That will throw away your local copies and
download whatever is in the repository.

HTH,
Eric
--
Eric Rizzo
Software Architect
Jibe, Inc.
http://www.jibeinc.com
Previous Topic:stopping an infinite loop
Next Topic:why popupMenu's objectContribution won't accept adaptee class as objectClass?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Dec 23 04:33:53 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01701 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software