Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Eclipse Orion logo license and author(What's the license of the Orion logo and who created it?)
Eclipse Orion logo license and author [message #1242428] Sun, 09 February 2014 14:48 Go to next message
Alexis Dufrenoy is currently offline Alexis DufrenoyFriend
Hi,

I would like to transfer a copy of the Orion logo to Wikimedia Commons, in order to be able to add to Wikipedia articles. For that purpose, I would need to know under what license the logo has been published and who is the author.

I have found the logo here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/File:Orion-logo.jpg

The license indicated here indicate a EPL license, but when I take a look on the license notice of the Eclipse logo on the english Wikipedia ( can't create a link, because I haven't 5 messages. It's en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eclipse-logo.png), it turns out the logo is copyrighted, so I don't know what to think, here. Could you clarify?

Plus, I would like to know the name of the author of the logo to complete the notice.

Regards,

Alexis Dufrenoy
Re: Eclipse Orion logo license and author [message #1268513 is a reply to message #1242428] Mon, 10 March 2014 15:59 Go to previous message
John Arthorne is currently offline John ArthorneFriend
Hi, yes the logo is licensed under EPL, and is Copyright Eclipse Foundation. Most of the time with Eclipse artifacts the copyright is held by whoever authored it. The Orion logo is an unusual case in that the Eclipse Foundation staff contributed it to the project.

John
Previous Topic:how can run a batch file in server through client
Next Topic:GIT API - Clone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:22:52 GMT 2024