Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server.
There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server. [message #202012] Fri, 12 October 2007 16:45 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: shiva.io.com

I am trying to use the Preview Server with PHP Development Tools (PDT),
but when I try to add any PHP project to the server, I get the less than
helpful error message "There are no projects that can be added or
removed from the server." When I created the project, I made sure to go
to the Project References section of Properties and check the Servers
box. Is there a checklist somewhere of things that need to be done to
configure the Preview Server for use with PHP Projects in PDT?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/shiva7663/pdt/pdt01.jp g

--
Earl Cooley III (shiva@io.com)
Re: There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server. [message #202019 is a reply to message #202012] Fri, 12 October 2007 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: shiva.io.com

Earl Cooley wrote:
> I am trying to use the Preview Server with PHP Development Tools (PDT),
> but when I try to add any PHP project to the server, I get the less than
> helpful error message "There are no projects that can be added or
> removed from the server." When I created the project, I made sure to go
> to the Project References section of Properties and check the Servers
> box. Is there a checklist somewhere of things that need to be done to
> configure the Preview Server for use with PHP Projects in PDT?
>
> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/shiva7663/pdt/pdt01.jp g
>
Could someone please confirm that the WST HTTP Server and HTTP Preview
servers are supposed to work with the new PDT Eclipse release?

--
Earl Cooley III (shiva@io.com)
Re: There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server. [message #202073 is a reply to message #202019] Sat, 13 October 2007 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Carver is currently offline David Carver
Messages: 173
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Earl Cooley wrote:
> Earl Cooley wrote:
>> I am trying to use the Preview Server with PHP Development Tools
>> (PDT), but when I try to add any PHP project to the server, I get the
>> less than helpful error message "There are no projects that can be
>> added or removed from the server." When I created the project, I made
>> sure to go to the Project References section of Properties and check
>> the Servers box. Is there a checklist somewhere of things that need to
>> be done to configure the Preview Server for use with PHP Projects in PDT?
>>
>> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/shiva7663/pdt/pdt01.jp g
>>
> Could someone please confirm that the WST HTTP Server and HTTP Preview
> servers are supposed to work with the new PDT Eclipse release?
>

Unfortunately, the PDT doesn't use the servers view to add or configure
PDT projects. This is handled through the launch configurations for
PDT projects. This information is buried in the PDT documentatation,
but the path to it in the help is:
PDT User Guide -> Welcome to Online Help -> Getting Started -> PHP
Preferences -> PHP Server Preferences

It would have been nice to have the server view extendable or to have
some consistency between WTP and PDT on how the server configurations
are to be used. At the moment the Servers view is specific to WTP in
that it looks for WTP projects only. This may or may not be extendable
by a plugin, I don't know.

Dave
Re: There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server. [message #202087 is a reply to message #202073] Sat, 13 October 2007 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: shiva.io.com

David Carver wrote:
> Earl Cooley wrote:
>> Could someone please confirm that the WST HTTP Server and HTTP Preview
>> servers are supposed to work with the new PDT Eclipse release?
>
> It would have been nice to have the server view extendable or to have
> some consistency between WTP and PDT on how the server configurations
> are to be used. At the moment the Servers view is specific to WTP in
> that it looks for WTP projects only. This may or may not be extendable
> by a plugin, I don't know.

Well, the reason I was trying to get the WTP server view to work was
because the default PHP server setup with PDT wasn't giving me anything
except a 404 page, and it doesn't appear configurable enough for me to
reasonably diagnose the problem.

--
Earl Cooley III (shiva@io.com)
Re: There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server. [message #202192 is a reply to message #202087] Mon, 15 October 2007 09:31 Go to previous message
David Carver is currently offline David Carver
Messages: 173
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Earl Cooley wrote:
> David Carver wrote:
>> Earl Cooley wrote:
>>> Could someone please confirm that the WST HTTP Server and HTTP
>>> Preview servers are supposed to work with the new PDT Eclipse release?
>>
>> It would have been nice to have the server view extendable or to have
>> some consistency between WTP and PDT on how the server configurations
>> are to be used. At the moment the Servers view is specific to WTP in
>> that it looks for WTP projects only. This may or may not be
>> extendable by a plugin, I don't know.
>
> Well, the reason I was trying to get the WTP server view to work was
> because the default PHP server setup with PDT wasn't giving me anything
> except a 404 page, and it doesn't appear configurable enough for me to
> reasonably diagnose the problem.

The folks that can probably answer your question the best are the PDT
developers and users. I've added that newsgroup to this list as well.
The newsgroup for pdt is: eclipse.tools.pdt

Dave
Previous Topic:Flexible Project
Next Topic:WAR export --> Module name is invalid.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Apr 21 00:36:40 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.07545 seconds