Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » JavaFX Context Menus broken in when using E3 FXViewPart
icon9.gif  JavaFX Context Menus broken in when using E3 FXViewPart [message #1229158] Wed, 08 January 2014 20:57 Go to next message
Jim Klo is currently offline Jim KloFriend
I think I've found a bug, wondering if anyone has a workaround...

I've created the following JavaFX View which is just a simple ListView with a hard coded context menu.

The context menu never seems to activate, no errors are logged, it just a mystery... not quite sure how to debug or to work around.

I poked around and found this issue which seems to effect Java 1.7 pre-update 40 on linux, but seems like it is still potentially an issue on OS X Java 7 Update 45?

Thanks for any help.

BTW: I'm running within Eclipse 4.2.2 (Juno) on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion), Java 7 Update 45.
Re: JavaFX Context Menus broken in when using E3 FXViewPart [message #1229222 is a reply to message #1229158] Thu, 09 January 2014 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As an update... I'm more and more convinced this is a bug.

I've added this into my example code, and note that the "Popup" shows, however, I can't seem to force the defined context menu to show, even when trying to call contextMenu.show(node, screenx, screeny).

popup = new Popup();
		popup.getContent().add(new Text("This is a test"));

listView.setOnContextMenuRequested(new EventHandler<ContextMenuEvent>() {

@Override
			public void handle(ContextMenuEvent arg0) {
				popup.hide();
				popup.show(listView, arg0.getScreenX()+5, arg0.getScreenY());
			}

});

So it looks like until there is a fix... I'm rolling my own context menu using a Popup...
Re: JavaFX Context Menus broken in when using E3 FXViewPart [message #1229343 is a reply to message #1229222] Thu, 09 January 2014 08:42 Go to previous message
Okay I'm convinced this is a bug, and filed one... please up vote!!! https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=425160

I just went through the arduous task of downloading the nightly Kepler efx snapshot and tried this again and still same problem.
Previous Topic:We have successfully passed the IP-Review
Next Topic:Can't install e(fx)clipse to Eclipse Kepler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:54:31 GMT 2024