Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » GMF editor menu
GMF editor menu [message #187972] Tue, 20 May 2008 14:13 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: fbanica.soluta.net

Hi all,

I have some questions. I made a GMF editor and I want to understand/manage
the menu. More precisely, the generator produces some "extra menu items"
which I can not see in the "extensions" section of the "plugin.xml". For
example the "Diagram" menu which only shows up when a diagram is open into
the editor. BUT, there is no "org.eclipse.ui.editorActions" extension
declared into the plugin.xml... Where does it come from???

Second, there is a menu item "Open File..." into the "New" menu. Also for
this one I can not find anything into the "plugin.xml". Where does it come
from??? (I want to remove it)

Third, in the "Help" menu, there is the "Software updates" sub-menu which I
would like to manage, but, again, I can not say where is it coming from,
so...

Please, help me with this. Thanks,


Floppy
Re: GMF editor menu [message #188018 is a reply to message #187972] Tue, 20 May 2008 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: fbanica.soluta.net

P.S. The menu items I have talked about aren't in the makeActions(),
fillMenuBar() or fillCoolBar() methods either...



"Florin Banica" <fbanica@soluta.net> wrote in message
news:g0umb9$imh$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi all,
>
> I have some questions. I made a GMF editor and I want to understand/manage
> the menu. More precisely, the generator produces some "extra menu items"
> which I can not see in the "extensions" section of the "plugin.xml". For
> example the "Diagram" menu which only shows up when a diagram is open into
> the editor. BUT, there is no "org.eclipse.ui.editorActions" extension
> declared into the plugin.xml... Where does it come from???
>
> Second, there is a menu item "Open File..." into the "New" menu. Also for
> this one I can not find anything into the "plugin.xml". Where does it come
> from??? (I want to remove it)
>
> Third, in the "Help" menu, there is the "Software updates" sub-menu which
> I would like to manage, but, again, I can not say where is it coming from,
> so...
>
> Please, help me with this. Thanks,
>
>
> Floppy
>
>
Re: GMF editor menu [message #188034 is a reply to message #187972] Tue, 20 May 2008 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Shatalin is currently offline Alexander Shatalin
Messages: 2928
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello FLORIN,

> section of the "plugin.xml". For example the "Diagram" menu which only
I think this menu came from org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.providers
plugin.

> Second, there is a menu item "Open File..." into the "New" menu. Also
It looks like a standatd Eclipse menues. If you'd like to remove it try working
in RCP mode.

> Third, in the "Help" menu, there is the "Software updates" sub-menu
Same with this - eclipse standard menu..

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Re: GMF editor menu [message #188041 is a reply to message #188034] Tue, 20 May 2008 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: fbanica.soluta.net

Thanks for your answer, Alex.

I am in RCP. My application is an RCP... See the attachments, please...

Other hints?


"Alex Shatalin" <vano@borland.com> wrote in message
news:3c3172e6226938ca88b8e39bf220@news.eclipse.org...
> Hello FLORIN,
>
>> section of the "plugin.xml". For example the "Diagram" menu which only
> I think this menu came from org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.providers
> plugin.
>
>> Second, there is a menu item "Open File..." into the "New" menu. Also
> It looks like a standatd Eclipse menues. If you'd like to remove it try
> working
> in RCP mode.
>
>> Third, in the "Help" menu, there is the "Software updates" sub-menu
> Same with this - eclipse standard menu..
>
> -----------------
> Alex Shatalin
>
>



Re: GMF editor menu [message #188141 is a reply to message #188041] Wed, 21 May 2008 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: 5d5.mail.ru

Eclipse comes with sources; if you know action or class name you can
always find it. Ctrl+H opens the search dialog.

Florin Banica wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, Alex.
>
> I am in RCP. My application is an RCP... See the attachments, please...
>
> Other hints?
>
>
> "Alex Shatalin" <vano@borland.com> wrote in message
> news:3c3172e6226938ca88b8e39bf220@news.eclipse.org...
>> Hello FLORIN,
>>
>>> section of the "plugin.xml". For example the "Diagram" menu which only
>> I think this menu came from org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.providers
>> plugin.
>>
>>> Second, there is a menu item "Open File..." into the "New" menu. Also
>> It looks like a standatd Eclipse menues. If you'd like to remove it try
>> working
>> in RCP mode.
>>
>>> Third, in the "Help" menu, there is the "Software updates" sub-menu
>> Same with this - eclipse standard menu..
>>
>> -----------------
>> Alex Shatalin
>>
>>
>
>
Re: GMF editor menu [message #188280 is a reply to message #188141] Wed, 21 May 2008 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: fbanica.soluta.net

Sorry, I don't get it... My questions were how to get rid of the "Open
File..." into the "File" menu (my mistake if I said "New" in the previous
message) and how to find the "implementation" of the "Software updates"
sub-menu in the "Help" menu...

What are you trying to tell me? To look for what with Ctrl+H?


"Dmitry Stadnik" <5d5@mail.ru> wrote in message
news:g10qrq$oma$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Eclipse comes with sources; if you know action or class name you can
> always find it. Ctrl+H opens the search dialog.
>
> Florin Banica wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer, Alex.
>>
>> I am in RCP. My application is an RCP... See the attachments, please...
>>
>> Other hints?
>>
>>
>> "Alex Shatalin" <vano@borland.com> wrote in message
>> news:3c3172e6226938ca88b8e39bf220@news.eclipse.org...
>>> Hello FLORIN,
>>>
>>>> section of the "plugin.xml". For example the "Diagram" menu which only
>>> I think this menu came from org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.providers
>>> plugin.
>>>
>>>> Second, there is a menu item "Open File..." into the "New" menu. Also
>>> It looks like a standatd Eclipse menues. If you'd like to remove it try
>>> working
>>> in RCP mode.
>>>
>>>> Third, in the "Help" menu, there is the "Software updates" sub-menu
>>> Same with this - eclipse standard menu..
>>>
>>> -----------------
>>> Alex Shatalin
>>>
>>>
>>
Re: GMF editor menu [message #188391 is a reply to message #188280] Thu, 22 May 2008 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: fbanica.soluta.net

Can anyone help me with the answers to these questions, please?


"Florin Banica" <fbanica@soluta.net> wrote in message
news:g11gj9$ro2$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Sorry, I don't get it... My questions were how to get rid of the "Open
> File..." into the "File" menu (my mistake if I said "New" in the previous
> message) and how to find the "implementation" of the "Software updates"
> sub-menu in the "Help" menu...
>
> What are you trying to tell me? To look for what with Ctrl+H?
>
>
> "Dmitry Stadnik" <5d5@mail.ru> wrote in message
> news:g10qrq$oma$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Eclipse comes with sources; if you know action or class name you can
>> always find it. Ctrl+H opens the search dialog.
>>
>> Florin Banica wrote:
>>> Thanks for your answer, Alex.
>>>
>>> I am in RCP. My application is an RCP... See the attachments, please...
>>>
>>> Other hints?
>>>
>>>
>>> "Alex Shatalin" <vano@borland.com> wrote in message
>>> news:3c3172e6226938ca88b8e39bf220@news.eclipse.org...
>>>> Hello FLORIN,
>>>>
>>>>> section of the "plugin.xml". For example the "Diagram" menu which only
>>>> I think this menu came from
>>>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.providers
>>>> plugin.
>>>>
>>>>> Second, there is a menu item "Open File..." into the "New" menu. Also
>>>> It looks like a standatd Eclipse menues. If you'd like to remove it try
>>>> working
>>>> in RCP mode.
>>>>
>>>>> Third, in the "Help" menu, there is the "Software updates" sub-menu
>>>> Same with this - eclipse standard menu..
>>>>
>>>> -----------------
>>>> Alex Shatalin
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>
Re: GMF editor menu [message #652266 is a reply to message #187972] Thu, 03 February 2011 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniele Mising name is currently offline daniele Mising name
Messages: 48
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello!
I know that the post is very old... but i've the same problem. Do you remember how you solved it?
Thank you

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2011 11:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GMF editor menu [message #653070 is a reply to message #187972] Tue, 08 February 2011 10:58 Go to previous message
Aurelien Pupier is currently offline Aurelien Pupier
Messages: 564
Registered: July 2009
Location: Grenoble, FRANCE
Senior Member

see hint here: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=204010& amp;start=0&S=2f627bf2d47c743c0bc992192b939508#msg_num_1

Aurélien Pupier - Bonitasoft S.A.
My company Eclipse-related blog
Previous Topic:Links disappear in initialised diagram - a bug?
Next Topic:Spell checking in diagrams
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 30 18:14:57 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04614 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software