|PDF Preview in Firefox 23.0.1 : Error on Opening in Acrobat Reader [message #1106543]
||Wed, 11 September 2013 08:34
| neha pawar
Registered: September 2013
I am trying to preview the Birt report in Eclipse as a PDF. When I set my browser to external browser Firefox version 23.0.1 then PDF preview is opened in Firefox but when i choose to download the PDF report and open in Acrobat reader, then I get an error like:There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.|
Steps to reproduce.
1. Create a Birt report.
2. In Eclipse set Default Web Browser option to firefox (Fire Fox version should be 23.0.1).
3. Also in report Design Preview options choose always view in External browser. Also, ensure that Application Action for PDF in Firefox is set to preview in browser.
4. In Eclipse Choose to preview the report as View in PDF. PDF report preview is shown in browser.
5. Click on the option to download the report.
6. Either save the report and then open in acrobat reader, or directly open the report in acrobat reader.
7. Error shown as : There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.
Also, when we open the saved PDF file in a text pad, there is an extra line after EOF which contains just NULL values. If we edit the PDF file in text editor and remove the last line which contains just null values then the PDF report opens in Acrobat reader fine.
Please note Other reports downloaded from Internet using Firefox 23.0.1 are working fine.
Please note this error is not occurring with other browsers or version 22.0 of firefox.
Please note this issue is important for us because in our application we have an option for user to download report as PDF using a button which calls the /preview URL.
Also this issue is not observed if i use export functionality form Birt Web Viewer
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01758 seconds