Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » WYSIWYG HTML Editor
WYSIWYG HTML Editor [message #166279] Sun, 30 January 2005 21:46 Go to next message
kent gibson is currently offline kent gibsonFriend
Messages: 114
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi-ya

there was some talk yonks ago about a eclipse WYSIWYG HTML Editor, but I
can't see any follow ups, does one exist in any way shapre or form?

thanks

kent
Re: WYSIWYG HTML Editor [message #166291 is a reply to message #166279] Mon, 31 January 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pratik Shah is currently offline Pratik ShahFriend
Messages: 1077
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I'm not sure which one you're talking about. There're a few commercial
WYSIWYG editors available, I believe. We also have a new example:
org.eclipse.gef.examples.text. It's a rich-text editor example that we are
working on (and it's very much in the alpha stage currently). The purpose
is to be able to allow GEF clients to create WYSIWYG editors.

"kent" <kentgibson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ctjkk4$8kv$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi-ya
>
> there was some talk yonks ago about a eclipse WYSIWYG HTML Editor, but I
> can't see any follow ups, does one exist in any way shapre or form?
>
> thanks
>
> kent
>
Re: WYSIWYG HTML Editor [message #166345 is a reply to message #166291] Mon, 31 January 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kent gibson is currently offline kent gibsonFriend
Messages: 114
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
a few commercial html wysiwyg editors in java? really I have only found
one that was written in java, www.sferyx.com. What else is there?

Anyway I tried to have a look at the gef example, but had no luck.

I checked tools out from cvs, I checked out org.eclipse.gef.*

Then when I try to say run as run-time workbbench nothing to do with gef
comes up under the the run an application or run a product window,
although I can add the applcation dependencies ok. The only weird error is
the following:

Skipping builder com.atlassw.tools.eclipse.checkstyle.CheckstyleBuilder
for project org.eclipse.gef. Either the builder is missing from the
install, or it belongs to a project nature that is missing or disabled.

Clearly I am doing something silly.

I suppose there is no chance this gef example does anything with html
tables?

thanks a mil

kent

Pratik Shah wrote:

> I'm not sure which one you're talking about. There're a few commercial
> WYSIWYG editors available, I believe. We also have a new example:
> org.eclipse.gef.examples.text. It's a rich-text editor example that we are
> working on (and it's very much in the alpha stage currently). The purpose
> is to be able to allow GEF clients to create WYSIWYG editors.

> "kent" <kentgibson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:ctjkk4$8kv$1@www.eclipse.org...
>> Hi-ya
>>
>> there was some talk yonks ago about a eclipse WYSIWYG HTML Editor, but I
>> can't see any follow ups, does one exist in any way shapre or form?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> kent
>>
Re: WYSIWYG HTML Editor [message #166396 is a reply to message #166345] Mon, 31 January 2005 22:44 Go to previous message
Pratik Shah is currently offline Pratik ShahFriend
Messages: 1077
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
IBM's Websphere Studio has another one.

Ignore the CheckstyleBuilder warning: it's irrelevant. You'll need the
following plug-ins: org.eclipse draw2d, org.eclipse.gef, and
org.eclipse.gef.examples.text. Make sure you've loaded all these into your
workspace. You don't have GEF plug-ins in your eclipse/plugins directory,
do you? Update the plugins for the target platform if that is the case.
Update the classpath for all plugins and do a clean build if the problem
persists.

Your conjecture about HTML tables is correct.

"kent" <kentgibson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ctl4mc$h51$1@www.eclipse.org...
> a few commercial html wysiwyg editors in java? really I have only found
> one that was written in java, www.sferyx.com. What else is there?
>
> Anyway I tried to have a look at the gef example, but had no luck.
>
> I checked tools out from cvs, I checked out org.eclipse.gef.*
>
> Then when I try to say run as run-time workbbench nothing to do with gef
> comes up under the the run an application or run a product window,
> although I can add the applcation dependencies ok. The only weird error is
> the following:
>
> Skipping builder com.atlassw.tools.eclipse.checkstyle.CheckstyleBuilder
> for project org.eclipse.gef. Either the builder is missing from the
> install, or it belongs to a project nature that is missing or disabled.
>
> Clearly I am doing something silly.
>
> I suppose there is no chance this gef example does anything with html
> tables?
>
> thanks a mil
>
> kent
>
> Pratik Shah wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure which one you're talking about. There're a few commercial
> > WYSIWYG editors available, I believe. We also have a new example:
> > org.eclipse.gef.examples.text. It's a rich-text editor example that we
are
> > working on (and it's very much in the alpha stage currently). The
purpose
> > is to be able to allow GEF clients to create WYSIWYG editors.
>
> > "kent" <kentgibson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:ctjkk4$8kv$1@www.eclipse.org...
> >> Hi-ya
> >>
> >> there was some talk yonks ago about a eclipse WYSIWYG HTML Editor, but
I
> >> can't see any follow ups, does one exist in any way shapre or form?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> kent
> >>
>
>
Previous Topic:bug? about the DeleteAction
Next Topic:how can i split A model into business and view models
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 27 06:03:26 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02256 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software