| What is your 2013 environment configuration for an RCP project development? [message #1016291]
||Tue, 05 March 2013 21:05
| Tanguy Mezzano
Registered: March 2010
Dear Eclipse community,|
I've been working since 4 years on a new RCP product dedicated to the industrial automation world. It is a global packaged software including PLC standard graphical and textual programming languages (in respect to the IEC-1131-6 norm), the configuration and diagnose of PLCs, HMI svg based editor, real-time and historical servers and much more. The company decided to follow the agile process one year ago.
In order to improve the old-fashioned release-management we had, I finally had the chance to install useful tools to improve the product's life cycle management. I'm interested in sharing the choices I've made with others in order to provide the best environment for the release of an RCP.
- Server: OpenSuse 12.2 xenified virtual machine, 12GB RAM, 100 GB of disk space.
- Agile management software: Icescrum at the moment for the scrum follow-up but switching on Jira+GrassHooper
- Versioning system: SVN but now migrating to Git (planning to follow this branching model)
- Issue tracking system: Trac but integrating Jira+GreenHopper
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins+Tycho
- Project management and automated builds: Maven2
- Repository server management: Sonatype Nexus
- Testing: Jubula+JUnit
- Java: 1.7
- Eclipse version: Juno but still using e3
Once everything rolling, I will focus on migrating to e4 and then finally contact Eclipse Foundation to go open-source.
I know this post might not be exactly in the appropriated forum but I did not find another one that would correspond.
What environment are you using? This will depend of course of the project size and the number of developers. Our context is a SME with for the moment 4 developers active on the projects and hoping to have more.
[Updated on: Tue, 05 March 2013 21:09]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01499 seconds