Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Issues Excluding Validator by File or Directory
Issues Excluding Validator by File or Directory [message #1012837] Fri, 22 February 2013 10:03 Go to next message
Sergei G is currently offline Sergei GFriend
I need to exclude a file that fails HTML validation. I don't own the file, so I don't want to change its content.

I have tried goting to Workspace Preferences -> Validation -> select "HTML Syntax Validator" -> click on "..." button.

In "Validation Filters for HTML Syntax Validator". I used "Add Rule" button followed by "Folder and File Name" radio button:

1. I added Exclude group. I added exclusion by file extension (tpl) and it works.
2. I tried adding a file named "demo.html" and it works.
3. I don't want to add a generic demo.html name, so I tried many variations on a more precise exclusion pattern. NONE works:
dir/demo.html
/full/path/ProjectDir/dir/demo.html
/ProjectDir/dir/demo.html
dir

I tried checked and unchecked option "For File Based comparisions, use only simple file name".

Browse File button does not include anything into the input text box unless the file is under .metadata directory. Perhaps that's the reason for the issue, but then demo.html file works, so it is inconsistent.

Browse Folder button appers to have the same issue. It only works under Eclipse workspace folder.
**My code is outside of Eclipse workspace folder.**

Project Level Validation Configuration

Documentation states that project level validation configuration is possible. I have tried similar actions and had no succes at all. It appears that project specific settings are lost the moment I close the configuration dialog box. So, I doubt any option is even applied.

However, project specific settings appear to take subdirectory of the project without any issue. It takes files names, but without including the path to the file name.

So, I feel that short of specifying a global file name to exclude from valiation I have no option. I could exclude the file from the project, but that hides the file alltogether.

I am on Mac OS X Mountail Lion.
Juno Eclipse

Eclipse Web Developer Tools
Version: 3.4.2.v201211061806-7O7MFu3EMkBK01NbrfU9ATE5cdZFz-OoeYjaI4d2
Build id: 20110922230524

I just installed this version in an attempt to resolve the issue.
Re: Issues Excluding Validator by File or Directory [message #1015939 is a reply to message #1012837] Mon, 04 March 2013 10:41 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

So where is this file? You mention it as if it were both in and outside of the workspace? What validation message are you getting?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Delete operations in Eclipse WTP WSDL Editor
Next Topic:Unable to start HTTP Preview server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:52:59 GMT 2024