Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Start Site - No more hosts available
Start Site - No more hosts available [message #1010224] Sat, 16 February 2013 23:29 Go to next message
Stefan Winkler is currently offline Stefan WinklerFriend
Hi all,

sorry, I'm sure this is an absolute n00b question - I'm sure I am missing something very obvious, but I have really searched the internet and the forum and I don't find any search result for the error message mentioned below...

So I wanted to try out Orion today and downloaded the Mac OS 64bit 2.0RC1 of Orion Server, unzipped, started Orion, fired up my browser, created an account and imported the Sample Orion Plugin files.

Now I wanted to create and start a Site. I went to Sites, typed in "testsite" as the name and URL hint and added a mapping from the imported sample orion plugin to the "/test" path.

Now, when I try to click on Start, I get the error message "No more hosts available".
What did I do wrong? What does this error mean?

Cheers,
Stefan
Re: Start Site - No more hosts available [message #1010409 is a reply to message #1010224] Sun, 17 February 2013 07:33 Go to previous message
Stefan Winkler is currently offline Stefan WinklerFriend
Hi again,

ok RTFM is the correct answer Smile

For anyone who stumbles across this:
Read the section "Configuring virtual host names for launching sites" in the server admin guide http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_admin_guide.
There you can read that this is a MacOS-specific problem and that you have to configure additional virtual hosts/IP addresses for Orion servers running on MacOS X.
I have not yet tried it, but I assume that this is the issue and that I can solve it now using these instructions.

Cheers,
Stefan

Previous Topic:Listener for file and Directory Events
Next Topic:uriTemplate heigh/width hints ignored for iframe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:02:46 GMT 2024