|Eclipse tabbed property sheet and weird scrollbars [message #1008124]
||Sun, 10 February 2013 08:46
| Fredrik Attebrant
Registered: June 2012
I've run into a problem with scroll bars appearing in a strange way in my tabbed property section.
The section contains a TreeViewer and if it contains a lot of elements, I get a vertical scroll bar, but not for the viewer but rather in a composite 5 levels up (i.e. supplied by the framework). Also, if the viewer contains an element which has a very wide label, I get two (2!) horizontal scroll bars.
Now, I'm looking for ideas on how to resolve this.
It can all be reproduced using the Hockey League example as follows:
Go a head and clone the repo and check out the org.eclipse.ui.examples.views.properties.tabbed.hockeyleague project from:
git clone git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git
Before testing, if on a Mac, open System Preferences > General > Set "Show Scroll bars" to "Always".
However, this is best reproduced on Linux or Windows (with their more "chunky" scroll bars)
1. Launch debug session with the Hockey League example
2. Import attached hockey league file "plenty.hockeyleague"
3. Expand and select Team Montreal Lions
4. Use context menu -> Show Properties View
5. Select the "Forwards" tab and not its layout: table at the top, add/delete buttons below
6. Expand and select Team Toronto Storm
7. Note how the table is too tall to be contained within the properties view and the the add/delete buttons are no longer visible
8. Use the vertical scroll bar to scroll down and find the add/delete buttons
9. Note how there is a horizontal scrollbar within the table while the vertical scroll bar is controlling the whole "Forwards" tab
10. Viewing "Forwards" for other teams (with a smaller number of Forwards) looks ok
Now, I'm working with a tabbed property section where I have the same problem and I'm looking for ideas on how to ensure that the scroll bars are located within the table only and not for the whole section.
In this case the vertical scroll bar has a big impact on usability.
All help appreciated!
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02086 seconds