Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » scout » Calling Scout from Mobile Device(Calling Scout from Mobile Device)
Calling Scout from Mobile Device [message #1006393] Thu, 31 January 2013 03:53 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin Kiekebosch
Hi,

I want to call the Scout server from a Mobile Device (built with PhoneGap/Cordova). Is that possible and are there any examples of this.

Regards Bertin
Re: Calling Scout from Mobile Device [message #1006449 is a reply to message #1006393] Thu, 31 January 2013 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie Bresson
Hi Bertin,

I am not sure to understand what you want to achieve...

You are in a PhoneGap / Cordova Application and you want to use your Scout Server as Service Provider for this Application?

What is the library you use in your Cordova Application. I assume a JS lib like JQuery or AngularJS. So far I know these libraries expect a RESTful backend Interface exposing data in the JSon format.

Out of the box, Scout does not offer this kind of interface. If I had to do something like that, I would have a look on the JAX-WS Scout integration. Maybe this can give you some input on how you can build RESTful interface on the Scout server (I am thinking JAX-RS but I am not sure).

I hope I understand your problem correctly.

Re: Calling Scout from Mobile Device [message #1006465 is a reply to message #1006449] Thu, 31 January 2013 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeremie,

We have a mobile application build with PhoneGap/Cordova. The application is for children to make some simple homework. If the user starts, he/she has to download this homework from the server (its just some simple data). Later on, the application uploads the results to the server again.

On the client side we use JQuery, JQuery Mobile and this like that.

We alreay have something like this in a browser, but the student has to be online all the time. Because more and more children use tablets we want to give them this possibility also.

The browser version does not work in IPad and Android perfectly so we want to create "native" aps.

In the office we a Scout application for teachers to prepare the homework.

I hope this makes the use case clear.

Regards Bertin
Re: Calling Scout from Mobile Device [message #1006541 is a reply to message #1006465] Thu, 31 January 2013 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie Bresson
If you use JQuery, JQuery Mobile in your client WebApplication, what are your expecting from the server?

Don't you agree with my previous answer?
Re: Calling Scout from Mobile Device [message #1006615 is a reply to message #1006541] Fri, 01 February 2013 02:58 Go to previous message
Hi,

From the server I just want some data, nothing else.

I think I can agree on your answer about RESTful, JAX-WS , but I have very little hands-on experience with that. So I hoped someone already did something like this and good give me some good examples.

Regards Bertin

Previous Topic:Problems refreshing a form-on-a-page
Next Topic:Problem creating webservice Provider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 25 14:32:30 EDT 2014