Here is what I am doing. We are having invoices in our db in a form of HTML.
When I test a dataset with a parameter calling for a single row from the db I get it. In order to check it I would copy that string and save it in a text file with .html extension and open it using a web browser. In web browser I would see invoice like it should be, so I am assuming that data coming from db into report is good.
I did exactly what Jason told that guy in blogspot to do, however, when I run the report I get a blank page. There would be only date at the bottom.
All 4 steps have been performed and zillion combinations tried with no luck.
I had to type in the whole line, not only format="HTML" since there are no rows to chose from. This text element is associated with dataset that brings data that I need, but I don't have a choice of fields to add, so I typed them manually.