Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Maven repository needed
Maven repository needed [message #988999] Tue, 04 December 2012 09:05 Go to next message
Michael Missing name is currently offline Michael Missing name
I am trying to find a repository with released maven artefacts in version 2.2 or 2.3. What could I use?
Re: Maven repository needed [message #989142 is a reply to message #988999] Tue, 04 December 2012 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian Dietrich
Hi,

2.2.0 seems like it can be found here: http://build.eclipse.org/common/xtext/maven/maven-snapshot/final
2.3.0 i havent found so far

is there a particular reason you need a maven repo and cannot use maven tycho with a p2 repo?
~Christian
Re: Maven repository needed [message #989195 is a reply to message #989142] Wed, 05 December 2012 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Feisst is currently offline Felix Feisst
I'm also looking for a maven repository with artifacts for 2.3. In this thread Dennis Huebner states:
Quote:
We produce maven artifacts since 2.3

However, I'm unable to find the repository with these artifacts. It would be great if someone could give me the link to the repository.

Felix
Re: Maven repository needed [message #989209 is a reply to message #989195] Wed, 05 December 2012 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Missing name is currently offline Michael Missing name
The meaning of the repository http://build.eclipse.org/common/xtext/maven/maven-snapshot/final I do not really understand. There is the word snapshot on the path, but I do need to use stable and released versions.

I have no experience with tycho so far, maybe I could use it. On the other hand I am developing with maven and not with osgi bundles in the rest of the project as well, so why do I need to use something special here?
Re: Maven repository needed [message #991118 is a reply to message #988999] Mon, 17 December 2012 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten Thoms

I strongly recommend to use Tycho. Did you know that you could resolve artifacts from a p2 repository with tycho by using <type>eclipse-plugin</type> in a dependency, when you want to resolve an bundle?

Kind regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: Maven repository needed [message #991188 is a reply to message #991118] Mon, 17 December 2012 16:25 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan Herrmann
I'm successfully using tycho for building my tools, yes, that's a good approach.

But if you want to use a generator that has been built using tycho in an application project that by nature is not OSGi enabled, things get tricky, to say the least. When building with packaging 'jar' you really have to jump through hoops to find the dependencies of the generator - since in that context you no longer have the Tycho resolver available.

With this background I can understand everybody who wants to avoid this combination of build technologies.

I'd be happy to learn if s.o. has a nice solution for that problem Smile

my 2c.
Stephan

Previous Topic:Handling of computed values in transient attributes in AST - your suggestions and experience please
Next Topic:How to get collection type parameter (generics) from JvmTypeReference?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 23 13:19:19 GMT 2014