Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Real time charts(Creating real time charts in wab page using BIRT)
Real time charts [message #981500] Mon, 12 November 2012 13:11 Go to next message
fernando podhorsky is currently offline fernando podhorskyFriend
Hello,

is there a way how to create a real time changing chart on a web page with BIRT? Maybe with using AJAX? I'm new to BIRT so I please you for help.

Best regards and thanks for answer,
Fernando
Re: Real time charts [message #985692 is a reply to message #981500] Thu, 15 November 2012 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chanchal Saha is currently offline Chanchal SahaFriend
Hi Fernando!

I am also new in BIRT. I have a query that you might know how to solve that. I can prepare report using BIRT but I want this report to convert as a webpage or web application. So that my manager can open the generated report from a website rather than from Eclipse.

Please inform me if you know the answer Smile

Chanchal
Re: Real time charts [message #985751 is a reply to message #985692] Thu, 15 November 2012 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Fernando

You could always add a script tag to the text element that is set on a trigger to re-run every couple of seconds, which would cause the report to re-execute and re-display the chart. If you want an example of this approach let me know what version of BIRT you are using.

Jason
Re: Real time charts [message #985803 is a reply to message #985751] Fri, 16 November 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
thanks for answer. I want a little bit different behavior. I want to reload every time that there is a change in database. Is that possible? I have newest BIRT 4.2.1. If behavior that i want is impossible, i think i can handle it with reloading every few seconds. So please help me with some examples or a tutorial.
Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Fernando.
Re: Real time charts [message #985805 is a reply to message #985803] Fri, 16 November 2012 08:52 Go to previous message
Chanchal I'm sorry. I cannot help you yet. I'm just starting to use birt. My question was mainly about finding out if birt can do what i need. It seems that it does, so I'm going to learn about it today.
Previous Topic:reportContext.getMessage() syntax to behave like label/chart localization properties
Next Topic:Problems with Variable Persistence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:30:39 GMT 2024