Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Why can't i use Dynamic Parameters?????
Why can't i use Dynamic Parameters????? [message #132572] Mon, 20 February 2006 06:12 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: aimdliu.sina.com

Hi,
I create a new Report Parameters, and select "Display Type" as "Combo
Box", "Value Row" as "Dynamic". Because i want the Combo Box's data comes
from the DataBase.
Although, my Data set normally works, The DataSet List is empty.
What's the reason maybe?
I have a screen shot at:
http://aimd.blog.edu.cn/UploadFiles/2006-2/220456475.png

Thanks all
Re: Why can't i use Dynamic Parameters????? [message #132986 is a reply to message #132572] Mon, 20 February 2006 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Try it in the viewer and then select run report, it should populate.

Jason

"Xiaoliu" <aimdliu@sina.com> wrote in message
news:0d47c8ace570f0e6a231dc9688560bed$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
> I create a new Report Parameters, and select "Display Type" as "Combo
> Box", "Value Row" as "Dynamic". Because i want the Combo Box's data comes
> from the DataBase. Although, my Data set normally works, The DataSet List
> is empty.
> What's the reason maybe?
> I have a screen shot at:
> http://aimd.blog.edu.cn/UploadFiles/2006-2/220456475.png
>
> Thanks all
>
Re: Why can't i use Dynamic Parameters????? [message #133107 is a reply to message #132986] Tue, 21 February 2006 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: xiaoz.hotmail.com

Sorry, could you say it in detail?
the DataSet is valid in other field, but, i must connect database to
initialize the report parameter, and the problem is DataSet's invalid in
report parameter edit wizard.
thanks
Re: Why can't i use Dynamic Parameters????? [message #133389 is a reply to message #133107] Tue, 21 February 2006 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

When you preview with the BIRT Viewer and click the RunReport icon it should
show your dynamic parameter list filled out.
Is this not happening?

Jason

"Xiaoliu" <xiaoz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:8208766fd0f8110e51926f0feb079f6e$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Sorry, could you say it in detail?
> the DataSet is valid in other field, but, i must connect database to
> initialize the report parameter, and the problem is DataSet's invalid in
> report parameter edit wizard.
> thanks
>
>
Re: Why can't i use Dynamic Parameters????? [message #133776 is a reply to message #133389] Wed, 22 February 2006 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: xiaoz.hotmail.com

My birt version is 2.0.0,
when i preview the design and click "show report parameter" button, there
comes a dialog with a combo box. I want to fill the combo box with
database data not the static text, the problem is that I can't use the
database in report parameter's property, the screen shot at:
http://aimd.blog.edu.cn/UploadFiles/2006-2/220456475.png

thanks
Re: Why can't i use Dynamic Parameters????? [message #133788 is a reply to message #133389] Wed, 22 February 2006 01:28 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: xiaoz.hotmail.com

I maybe know the answer, we can't fill the combobox item with DataSet with
parameters, but, dataset without parameters is ok

thanks
Previous Topic:Problems with params in drilldown reports
Next Topic:How to transfer chinese param?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 20:14:55 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01957 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software