Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Help: Eclipse 2.1 New Updates
Help: Eclipse 2.1 New Updates [message #105984] Mon, 04 August 2003 12:28 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bhavin_r.rediffmail.com

I want to configure my Eclipse2.1 for the New Updates, At present when I
click on Help > Software Updates > New Updates it trys to connect to
http://update.eclipse.org/updates and trys to get the content from there.

Actually, I dont want my Eclipse to go to update.eclipse.org/updates
site...it should go to MyUpdateSite.org/updates.

How to configure this on click of New Updates menu option.

I can create new Updtae site MyUpdateSite.org and using Update Manager I
am able to see the features, plugins and can Install the plugins from
Update Manager.

I want the process of update as one-click operation (New Updates..will
identify all the new updates from MyUpdateSite.org and will prompt for
installation as soon as Eclipse IDE starts) How can it be done...what will
be the steps for it ? Is there anything readily available to use ?

thanks in advance.

bhavin raichura
bhavin_r@rediffmail.com
Re: Eclipse 2.1 New Updates [message #106431 is a reply to message #105984] Tue, 05 August 2003 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: birsan.nospam.ca.ibm.com

Take a look at the new 3.0 drivers. You can use a proxy update site for any
features you want and you can also have the update manager look for updates
at a specified time (upon startup, once a week, etc.).

-Dorian

"Bhavin Raichura" <bhavin_r@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
news:bglji6$nh4$1@eclipse.org...
> I want to configure my Eclipse2.1 for the New Updates, At present when I
> click on Help > Software Updates > New Updates it trys to connect to
> http://update.eclipse.org/updates and trys to get the content from there.
>
> Actually, I dont want my Eclipse to go to update.eclipse.org/updates
> site...it should go to MyUpdateSite.org/updates.
>
> How to configure this on click of New Updates menu option.
>
> I can create new Updtae site MyUpdateSite.org and using Update Manager I
> am able to see the features, plugins and can Install the plugins from
> Update Manager.
>
> I want the process of update as one-click operation (New Updates..will
> identify all the new updates from MyUpdateSite.org and will prompt for
> installation as soon as Eclipse IDE starts) How can it be done...what will
> be the steps for it ? Is there anything readily available to use ?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> bhavin raichura
> bhavin_r@rediffmail.com
>
>
Re: Eclipse 2.1 New Updates [message #106445 is a reply to message #106431] Tue, 05 August 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bhavin_r.rediffmail.com

Hi Dorian,

Thank you very much for your prompt and to-the-point reply.

Actually, I want to setup the INTRA-NET capability within organization for
such update operations. Everyone doesnot have the rights to connect to
proxy to get updates from INTERNET. So I will have to setup intranet based
Site. I am able to do that by setting up Update Site (site.xml, features,
plugins on Tomcat). I could figure it out that If I want my update site,
with every feature.xml containing updateURL I have to make it pointing to
my update site. so I have to modify the updateURL in many feature.xml
files.

But Now the question is:
1. How to setup the update manager to look for UPDATES & NEW INSTALLS
AVAILABLE upon startup - As far as possible I want to work with Eclipse 2.1

2. Can I just take Install/Update 3.0 and keep rest of Eclipse 2.1 ?

Thanks in advance.

Bhavin Raichura



dorian birsan wrote:

> Take a look at the new 3.0 drivers. You can use a proxy update site for any
> features you want and you can also have the update manager look for updates
> at a specified time (upon startup, once a week, etc.).

> -Dorian

> "Bhavin Raichura" <bhavin_r@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> news:bglji6$nh4$1@eclipse.org...
> > I want to configure my Eclipse2.1 for the New Updates, At present when I
> > click on Help > Software Updates > New Updates it trys to connect to
> > http://update.eclipse.org/updates and trys to get the content from there.
> >
> > Actually, I dont want my Eclipse to go to update.eclipse.org/updates
> > site...it should go to MyUpdateSite.org/updates.
> >
> > How to configure this on click of New Updates menu option.
> >
> > I can create new Updtae site MyUpdateSite.org and using Update Manager I
> > am able to see the features, plugins and can Install the plugins from
> > Update Manager.
> >
> > I want the process of update as one-click operation (New Updates..will
> > identify all the new updates from MyUpdateSite.org and will prompt for
> > installation as soon as Eclipse IDE starts) How can it be done...what will
> > be the steps for it ? Is there anything readily available to use ?
> >
> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > bhavin raichura
> > bhavin_r@rediffmail.com
> >
> >
Re: Eclipse 2.1 New Updates [message #106851 is a reply to message #106445] Tue, 05 August 2003 16:40 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: birsan.nospam.ca.ibm.com

"Bhavin Raichura" <bhavin_r@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
news:bgn546$7sb$1@eclipse.org...
> Hi Dorian,
>
> Thank you very much for your prompt and to-the-point reply.
>
> Actually, I want to setup the INTRA-NET capability within organization for
> such update operations. Everyone doesnot have the rights to connect to
> proxy to get updates from INTERNET. So I will have to setup intranet based
> Site. I am able to do that by setting up Update Site (site.xml, features,
> plugins on Tomcat). I could figure it out that If I want my update site,
> with every feature.xml containing updateURL I have to make it pointing to
> my update site. so I have to modify the updateURL in many feature.xml
> files.
>
> But Now the question is:
> 1. How to setup the update manager to look for UPDATES & NEW INSTALLS
> AVAILABLE upon startup - As far as possible I want to work with Eclipse
2.1

This function is only available in 3.0 (M2 driver). You set it on the
Install ->Automatic updates preference page.

>
> 2. Can I just take Install/Update 3.0 and keep rest of Eclipse 2.1 ?

If you need the automatic updates, you also need the Job API's that are part
of eclipse core 3.0 only.

>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bhavin Raichura
>
>
>
> dorian birsan wrote:
>
> > Take a look at the new 3.0 drivers. You can use a proxy update site for
any
> > features you want and you can also have the update manager look for
updates
> > at a specified time (upon startup, once a week, etc.).
>
> > -Dorian
>
> > "Bhavin Raichura" <bhavin_r@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:bglji6$nh4$1@eclipse.org...
> > > I want to configure my Eclipse2.1 for the New Updates, At present when
I
> > > click on Help > Software Updates > New Updates it trys to connect to
> > > http://update.eclipse.org/updates and trys to get the content from
there.
> > >
> > > Actually, I dont want my Eclipse to go to update.eclipse.org/updates
> > > site...it should go to MyUpdateSite.org/updates.
> > >
> > > How to configure this on click of New Updates menu option.
> > >
> > > I can create new Updtae site MyUpdateSite.org and using Update Manager
I
> > > am able to see the features, plugins and can Install the plugins from
> > > Update Manager.
> > >
> > > I want the process of update as one-click operation (New Updates..will
> > > identify all the new updates from MyUpdateSite.org and will prompt for
> > > installation as soon as Eclipse IDE starts) How can it be done...what
will
> > > be the steps for it ? Is there anything readily available to use ?
> > >
> > > thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > bhavin raichura
> > > bhavin_r@rediffmail.com
> > >
> > >
>
>
Previous Topic:Problems with the relative Path of a external JAR
Next Topic:gtk vs. motif builds
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 01:29:42 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01723 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software