Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Project | Build Configurations | Set Active often empty
Project | Build Configurations | Set Active often empty [message #736347] Thu, 13 October 2011 23:33 Go to next message
Chris Stankevitz is currently offline Chris StankevitzFriend
Hello,

I use the following menu entry to change my build configuration:
 Project | Build Configurations | Set Active | Foobar (Debug)
 Project | Build Configurations | Set Active | Foobar (Release)

As you can probably deduce, I have a project called Foobar with configurations Debug and Release. I'll switch between the two using the above menus.

My problem is this: about 75% of the time I select this menu entry, the menu "Set Active" is empty. When I encounter this, which is often, I abandon my menu quest, head over to the Project Explorer, click on my project, and then attempt the menu quest again. Then it works.

Question: anybody else notice this? How do you deal with it?

Thank you,

Chris
Re: Project | Build Configurations | Set Active often empty [message #736658 is a reply to message #736347] Fri, 14 October 2011 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Do you have several projects? The menu entry is for the project the active editor window belongs to.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Project | Build Configurations | Set Active often empty [message #737176 is a reply to message #736658] Fri, 14 October 2011 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Stankevitz is currently offline Chris StankevitzFriend
Axel,

You are absolutely correct -- I do have two projects. I can now narrow down my question and perhaps create a new thread:

When/how/why does eclipse believe I have "switched" projects? Actually, I suspect eclipse does not think that I "switched" to another project -- I suspect eclipse believes I have "no project" selected as the menus are empty.

Chris
Re: Project | Build Configurations | Set Active often empty [message #739220 is a reply to message #737176] Mon, 17 October 2011 08:18 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Chris Stankevitz wrote on Fri, 14 October 2011 20:49
Axel,

You are absolutely correct -- I do have two projects. I can now narrow down my question and perhaps create a new thread:

When/how/why does eclipse believe I have "switched" projects? Actually, I suspect eclipse does not think that I "switched" to another project -- I suspect eclipse believes I have "no project" selected as the menus are empty.

Chris

When the selected project has no build configurations then the menu is empty, too.
BTW, Eclipse will select the project according to the active window (e.g. Project Explorer, Editor window).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Import C project from Unix to Windows
Next Topic:CDT declaration/definition window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:26:25 GMT 2024