Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Help! Adding menu items to CDT Source Editor context menu
Help! Adding menu items to CDT Source Editor context menu [message #78001] Thu, 07 August 2003 21:04 Go to next message
Mike Boyersmith is currently offline Mike BoyersmithFriend
Messages: 34
Registered: July 2009
Member
I ran into a weird issue where I was able to add menu items to the CDT
editor (or so I thought this is what it was). using the constant

<viewerContribution id="com.xxx..CDTPopupActions"
targetID="#CEditorContext">

where targetID #CEditorContext

BUT... recently the editor window seems to have changed (it now has a ruler
at the top, and the code is color highlighted) and now my pop up menu items
no longer appear... sigh... so I assume that the editor my menu was popping
up in before must have NOT been the CDT editor, though I had CDT installed.
ugggg.

Is #CEditorContext the correct define for right click context menu items, on
a source editor window such as test.cpp?

I have looked everywhere, trying to find where to get a list of
fragment.xml defines for adding menu items to various UI elements of CDT but
can't find any information anywhere.

any help is appreciated greatly


Thanks in Advance
Re: Help! Adding menu items to CDT Source Editor context menu [message #78017 is a reply to message #78001] Thu, 07 August 2003 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Boyersmith is currently offline Mike BoyersmithFriend
Messages: 34
Registered: July 2009
Member
So further investigation it seems to be using the LPEX editor settings from
the preferences.

I still can't seem to find any information on 'Legal' constants to be used
with fragments for viewerContribution menu items (right click context menu
items).

sigh... any help is appreciated.



"Mike" <mboyersmith@rational.com> wrote in message
news:bgueo9$off$1@eclipse.org...
> I ran into a weird issue where I was able to add menu items to the CDT
> editor (or so I thought this is what it was). using the constant
>
> <viewerContribution id="com.xxx..CDTPopupActions"
> targetID="#CEditorContext">
>
> where targetID #CEditorContext
>
> BUT... recently the editor window seems to have changed (it now has a
ruler
> at the top, and the code is color highlighted) and now my pop up menu
items
> no longer appear... sigh... so I assume that the editor my menu was
popping
> up in before must have NOT been the CDT editor, though I had CDT
installed.
> ugggg.
>
> Is #CEditorContext the correct define for right click context menu items,
on
> a source editor window such as test.cpp?
>
> I have looked everywhere, trying to find where to get a list of
> fragment.xml defines for adding menu items to various UI elements of CDT
but
> can't find any information anywhere.
>
> any help is appreciated greatly
>
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
>
>
Re: Help! Adding menu items to CDT Source Editor context menu [message #78033 is a reply to message #78017] Thu, 07 August 2003 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Boyersmith is currently offline Mike BoyersmithFriend
Messages: 34
Registered: July 2009
Member
Ok, heres the deal.

So I found under eclipse menu:

Window-> preferences->Workbench->File Associations
that the editor I was use to seeing for C and CPP files had been replaced
by LPEX entries. After I removed the LPEX entries and got back to the
Default C/CPP editor my menus started showing again.

So...... what is LPEX? wheres it coming from? and how do I get my menus to
show not only on the default C/CPP editor but also on these other C/CPP
editor windows?

Thanks for the assistance here.



"Mike" <mboyersmith@rational.com> wrote in message
news:bguhjp$r3h$1@eclipse.org...
> So further investigation it seems to be using the LPEX editor settings
from
> the preferences.
>
> I still can't seem to find any information on 'Legal' constants to be used
> with fragments for viewerContribution menu items (right click context menu
> items).
>
> sigh... any help is appreciated.
>
>
>
> "Mike" <mboyersmith@rational.com> wrote in message
> news:bgueo9$off$1@eclipse.org...
> > I ran into a weird issue where I was able to add menu items to the CDT
> > editor (or so I thought this is what it was). using the constant
> >
> > <viewerContribution id="com.xxx..CDTPopupActions"
> > targetID="#CEditorContext">
> >
> > where targetID #CEditorContext
> >
> > BUT... recently the editor window seems to have changed (it now has a
> ruler
> > at the top, and the code is color highlighted) and now my pop up menu
> items
> > no longer appear... sigh... so I assume that the editor my menu was
> popping
> > up in before must have NOT been the CDT editor, though I had CDT
> installed.
> > ugggg.
> >
> > Is #CEditorContext the correct define for right click context menu
items,
> on
> > a source editor window such as test.cpp?
> >
> > I have looked everywhere, trying to find where to get a list of
> > fragment.xml defines for adding menu items to various UI elements of CDT
> but
> > can't find any information anywhere.
> >
> > any help is appreciated greatly
> >
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> >
> >
> >
>
>
Re: Help! Adding menu items to CDT Source Editor context menu [message #78062 is a reply to message #78033] Fri, 08 August 2003 02:33 Go to previous message
kessel haus is currently offline kessel hausFriend
Messages: 302
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mike wrote:
> Ok, heres the deal.
>
> So I found under eclipse menu:
>
> Window-> preferences->Workbench->File Associations
> that the editor I was use to seeing for C and CPP files had been replaced
> by LPEX entries. After I removed the LPEX entries and got back to the
> Default C/CPP editor my menus started showing again.
>
> So...... what is LPEX? wheres it coming from? and how do I get my menus to
> show not only on the default C/CPP editor but also on these other C/CPP
> editor windows?

LPEX has been the editor component used by IBM before QNX Team took over
the CDT project ownership. LPEX AFAIK is being abandoned for a long time
now, but as I saw in CVS its still under org.eclipse.cdt.old.

>
> Thanks for the assistance here.
>
>
>
> "Mike" <mboyersmith@rational.com> wrote in message
> news:bguhjp$r3h$1@eclipse.org...
>
>>So further investigation it seems to be using the LPEX editor settings
>
> from
>
>>the preferences.
>>
>>I still can't seem to find any information on 'Legal' constants to be used
>>with fragments for viewerContribution menu items (right click context menu
>>items).
>>
>>sigh... any help is appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>>"Mike" <mboyersmith@rational.com> wrote in message
>>news:bgueo9$off$1@eclipse.org...
>>
>>>I ran into a weird issue where I was able to add menu items to the CDT
>>>editor (or so I thought this is what it was). using the constant
>>>
>>><viewerContribution id="com.xxx..CDTPopupActions"
>>>targetID="#CEditorContext">
>>>
>>>where targetID #CEditorContext
>>>
>>>BUT... recently the editor window seems to have changed (it now has a
>>
>>ruler
>>
>>>at the top, and the code is color highlighted) and now my pop up menu
>>
>>items
>>
>>>no longer appear... sigh... so I assume that the editor my menu was
>>
>>popping
>>
>>>up in before must have NOT been the CDT editor, though I had CDT
>>
>>installed.
>>
>>>ugggg.
>>>
>>>Is #CEditorContext the correct define for right click context menu
>
> items,
>
>>on
>>
>>>a source editor window such as test.cpp?
>>>
>>>I have looked everywhere, trying to find where to get a list of
>>>fragment.xml defines for adding menu items to various UI elements of CDT
>>
>>but
>>
>>>can't find any information anywhere.
>>>
>>>any help is appreciated greatly
>>>
>>>
>>>Thanks in Advance
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Previous Topic:JAR creation failure
Next Topic:How can I suppress java warnings in eclipse?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 10:27:16 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03979 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software