Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Copy Mylyn context to new project
Copy Mylyn context to new project [message #722959] Wed, 07 September 2011 10:04 Go to next message
eclipse is currently offline eclipseFriend

I would like to know how I can copy the context build within one Eclipse project to another eclipse project. Often I need to either rename a project or I may have several projects with the same source or I would like to share my context between PC's. Problem is if I rename the project, I loose the context and there are no options to export/copy/transfer the context to other project.

Even if someone can tell me in what file the context is stored on the file system at least I could try and copy and edit the file to give it the credentials of the new project.

Any Idea's guys?

Re: Copy Mylyn context to new project [message #723202 is a reply to message #722959] Thu, 08 September 2011 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ducky Sherwood is currently offline Ducky SherwoodFriend
If you go to File->Export->Tasks->Task List and Contexts, you can export your context.

The Mylyn context is saved in the directory

I'm not completely sure which files in that directory you need. If this isn't enough to get you started, let me know and I'll go figure it out.

Kaitlin Duck Sherwood
Tasktop Support and Services Engineer
Re: Copy Mylyn context to new project [message #800036 is a reply to message #723202] Thu, 16 February 2012 16:03 Go to previous message
simon smith is currently offline simon smithFriend

I've had a look at the file you mentioned and there is a collection of different zip file here which contain lots of xml files. I could of course search through these files for the project name and rename them manually but this seems like a real hack!

There must be a better way to do this, as it's something I would imagine would be very useful for a lot of people. Is there a simpler way to do this that I am missing?
Previous Topic:Jerrit Connector - cannot add a reviewer through Mylyn
Next Topic:[wikitext] Programaticaly open MarkupEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 30 10:10:05 GMT 2015