|Problem setting up Eclipse as an OTcl IDE [message #702383]
||Tue, 26 July 2011 05:40
| Hameer Abbasi
Registered: July 2011
Hi. I'm trying to configure Eclipse as a tool for OTcl programming in ns2.|
Okay, now facts:
- I installed Ubuntu and ns2 successfully, and installed Eclipse through the Ubuntu software center.
- I then installed the DLTK by adding download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/updates/ to Help --> Install new software... and selecting all components except H2 ones because they had a requirement I couldn't trace.
- After trying to follow numerous guides, I couldn't find out where to configure the interpretors for TCL (couldn't find an option under Window --> Preferences --> Tcl) and then configured ns2 as a validator.
- I finally stumbled upon Run --> Run Configurations and tried to add a Tcl Script configuration and got the error: "No tab group defined for launch configuration type org.eclipse.dltk.tcl.launching.TCLLaunchConfigurationType"
- I added a Tcl perspective using the button on top near "Java"
- Tried step 4 again and couldn't see Tcl Script listed.
So, how do I add debug and run options for OTcl, anyone?
And a question for anyone who may be using ns2 in this forum, is there a command line option I could use to make it search out all the errors BEFORE running.
I have Sun Java 6 installed and set as the default Java runtime, but can't find the .config directory of the default Ubuntu installation.
Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who may help me, or even attempt to.
[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2011 05:41]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01461 seconds