Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem Object Mapping Open/New File Menus
Problem Object Mapping Open/New File Menus [message #701711] Mon, 25 July 2011 13:29 Go to next message
ryanrichardgarcia is currently offline ryanrichardgarciaFriend
I am currently trying to create a test that goes through the process of creating a new file instance for the executable program that I am running. I am able to map every object necessary up until the "New File" menu pops up, in which case I am not able to map to anything. This menu is just like any you would encounter on a program like Microsoft Word or an alike program in which you simply specify the file name and then you put the file in the desired location. I am not sure why it is not recognizing this menu, as I even tried a "wait for window" case but the only window it recognizes is the original window that the executable file brings up as a home screen. Is there any way around this issue? I have tried to do the same to reproduce a test case for opening a file, as well, but I run into the exact same issue. Thanks in advance.
Re: Problem Object Mapping Open/New File Menus [message #701728 is a reply to message #701711] Mon, 25 July 2011 13:55 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Ryan,

It sounds like the item you are dealing with is a native dialog (such as a file chooser). If this is the case, then the behavior is correct - Jubula cannot map components from native dialogs, as they are not Java components. The same goes for checking or waiting for a window title in such a native window.

There are, however, ways to work with these dialogs in your test. Our FAQ
http://www.eclipse.org/jubula/faq.php has an overview of the options available:

"you can deal with native dialogs (e.g. file choosers) and other native elements during the test by using the actions "external key combination" and "external text input" (on the ''application'' component) to enter text and send keyboard commands.

For convenience, you can also use the action "Copy to clipboard" followed by Ctrl+V as a key combination (all on the ''application'' component) to enter text and filepaths into native dialogs. "

As the general premise during the test is not to rigorously test the native dialogs, rather just to use them to complete use cases and workflows, this approach seems to be sufficient.

Hope that helps!

Alex
Previous Topic:Object Mapping
Next Topic:Looping constructs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:53:37 GMT 2024