Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Set execution context (CWD)?
Set execution context (CWD)? [message #697245] Fri, 15 July 2011 21:54 Go to next message
Chris Miami is currently offline Chris MiamiFriend
I have a JFrame that instantiates an object (ConfigAdaptor) which provides interfaces to configuration files. These files are available within the CWD at runtime, but WBP is assuming the Eclipse IDE's executable directory and not the project's currently-selected Run/Debug Launch Configuration. When WBP parses the java file, it attempts to actually instantiate ConfigAdaptor which, of course, cannot find the required files and throws an exception which prevents WBP from showing the UI.

Setting the "Start in" of the Windows XP Shortcut to the correct folder fixes the issue. This is not a long-term solution, as the project contains 14 separate execution contexts (folders).

ConfigAdaptor is *supposed* to bail if the critical file is not present, so I do not wish to modify this behavior.

How can I fix the issue *without* starting a new instance of Eclipse for every instance of the runtime configuration that I want to work on? I would have a new shortcut (and require quit/launch) for each different window I want to edit!!

There is no "Working Folder" in the WBP preferences. Is there a hidden property I can set?

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Set execution context (CWD)? [message #697273 is a reply to message #697245] Sat, 16 July 2011 00:55 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Chris wrote on Fri, 15 July 2011 17:54
Is there a hidden property I can set?

No. See the discussion of Beans.isDesignTime() in the FAQ...

http://code.google.com/javadevtools/wbpro/faq.html#CustomWidgets

You can also hide code from the parser using code hiding tags...

http://code.google.com/javadevtools/wbpro/preferences/preferences_code_parsing.html
Previous Topic:Cant install wb toolkits
Next Topic:Licensing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:06:39 GMT 2024