Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Source lookup for the IvyDE classpath container(JDT's source lookup doesn't seem to support projects in custom classpath containers)
Source lookup for the IvyDE classpath container [message #663787] Wed, 06 April 2011 13:54
Nicolas  Lalevée is currently offline Nicolas LalevéeFriend
I am working on the Apache IvyDE classpath container and some source lookup bug IVYDE-277.
The use case is projectA and projectB configured to use IvyDE. Via Ivy and thus the IvyDE classpath container, projectA has a dependency on projectB.

IvyDE has its own ClasspathEntryResolver. This only difference between the default one, is related to this (non-)bug report: project dependency managed by IvyDE containers must not include the IvyDE container of the dependant project.

So the runtime classpath computed is:
* the JRE stuff
* the projectA, which is resolved to the output location of project A (via DefaultEntryResolver)
* the IvyDE container of projectA, which is resolved to the output location of project B (via IvyDERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver)

So far so good.

But the source lookup classpath is:
* the JRE stuff
* the projectA, which is resolved to project A (via StandardSourcePathProvider)
* the IvyDE container of projectA, which is resolved to the output location of project B (via StandardSourcePathProvider which is delegating to the IvyDERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver)

In the source lookup, I want the projectB and not its "resolved binary classpath".
As a workaround, I have made IvyDERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver return both the project and the output locations. But it doesn't seems right. Is there any way of doing this properly ?
Previous Topic:How to open projects (with .project pom.xml) in eclipse ?
Next Topic:Eclipse EE doesnot start at all
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:19:41 GMT 2024