Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Maven Integration (M2E) » Can't Search Marketplace
Can't Search Marketplace [message #646758] Thu, 30 December 2010 13:25 Go to next message
Shelli Orton is currently offline Shelli Orton
I decided to upgrade to Helios SR1 (Win XP/32 bit). I was able to install the m2eclipse plugin which was one of the listed "Featured" plugins when I opened the Eclispe Marketplace via the Help menu. But I'm having issues searching the marketplace for others. When I type in a search term and click the "Go" button I get this error:
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository 4 1002 2010-12-30 11:14:02.857
!MESSAGE HTTP Server 'Internal Error': http://marketplace.eclipse.org/api/p/search/apachesolr_search/mercurial?product=org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product&os=win32&runtime.version=3.6.0.v20100505&client=org.eclipse.epp.mpc.core&java.version=1.6.0_18&product.version=1.3.1.20100913-1228&ws=win32
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransferException: HttpClient connection error response code 500.
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.openStreams(HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.java:750)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:889)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:342)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.FileReader.read(FileReader.java:206)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.RepositoryTransport.stream(RepositoryTransport.java:154)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.service.DefaultMarketplaceService.processRequest(DefaultMarketplaceService.java:414)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.service.DefaultMarketplaceService.processRequest(DefaultMarketplaceService.java:350)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.service.DefaultMarketplaceService.search(DefaultMarketplaceService.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.service.CachingMarketplaceService$2.doSearch(CachingMarketplaceService.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.service.CachingMarketplaceService.performSearch(CachingMarketplaceService.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.core.service.CachingMarketplaceService.search(CachingMarketplaceService.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.catalog.MarketplaceDiscoveryStrategy.performQuery(MarketplaceDiscoveryStrategy.java:312)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.catalog.MarketplaceCatalog$1.run(MarketplaceCatalog.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.catalog.MarketplaceCatalog.performDiscovery(MarketplaceCatalog.java:316)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.catalog.MarketplaceCatalog.performQuery(MarketplaceCatalog.java:68)
	at org.eclipse.epp.internal.mpc.ui.wizards.MarketplaceViewer$3.run(MarketplaceViewer.java:261)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
!SUBENTRY 3 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2010-12-30 11:14:02.857
!MESSAGE HttpClient connection error response code 500.

In this example, I searched for "mercurial", but it doesn't matter what the search term is used. If I click on the "Browse for more solutions" link, the internal web browser opens and displays the http://marketplace.eclipse.org/ page.

Why can't I search?
Re: Can't Search Marketplace [message #646761 is a reply to message #646758] Thu, 30 December 2010 13:30 Go to previous message
Shelli Orton is currently offline Shelli Orton
Ah, think I've discovered the issue. It's not my Eclipse, it's the marketplace. When I try to search on it, I get this error message:
Quote:

The Apache Solr search engine is not available. Please contact your site administrator.

Previous Topic:JPA JAR Missing From WEB-INF/lib
Next Topic:Enable Maven Dependencies Breaks Other Projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 19 13:18:56 EDT 2014