Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unable to create shared library project(In eclipse IDE (Helios) with CDT, GNU ARM plugin, and Code Sourcery Lite++, for cross compilation)
Unable to create shared library project [message #646414] Thu, 23 December 2010 20:25
Jack prone is currently offline Jack prone
Unable to see an option to create a shared library project when I select File->New->C++ Project.

On Linux host system, using eclipse IDE (Helios), CDT, GNU ARM plugin, and Code Sourcery Lite++ for cross compilation for target embedded linux system.

Have been running the whole setup to create ARM CROSS TARGET APPLICATION just fine. Wanted to create a shared library project now. All I see under File->New->C++ Project is the following:
File->New->C++Project
ARM CROSS TARGET APPLICATION
Empty Project
ARM CROSS TARGET STATIC LIBRARY
Empty Project
Executable
Shared Library
Static Library
Makefile Project

[Empty Project is suppose to be indented above]

I need to have eclipse IDE setup such that I get an option to create ARM CROSS TARGET SHARED LIBRARY.

If I understand this correctly, I think it is the job of the GNU ARM plugin to setup these options and act as a facilitator between CDT and Code Sourcery G++ Lite.
Code Sourcery G++ Lite comes with command line interface only so I guess it must be some other plugin that sets up project creation thru eclipse IDE.
Previous Topic:Code Completion / Doxygen
Next Topic:Ignoring multiline assembler blocks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 01 04:02:15 GMT 2014