Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » cannot resolve org.eclipse.core.runtime with buckminster on osx
cannot resolve org.eclipse.core.runtime with buckminster on osx [message #642126] Tue, 30 November 2010 00:00 Go to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
I have been struggling with my first Buckminster experiment to no avail and am hoping someone can help me. org.eclipse.core.runtime is never resolved when I try to resolve (either to a wizard or to materialize)

At this point I have reduced my setup to a set of 2 features and 1 plugin that are in my svn repository; my cquery looks for features and bundles either in svn or on the target platform. I have tried my running target platform and other target platforms. I have tried specifying the build just for osx, and not.

Other org.eclipse bundles are resolved from the target platform, just not org.eclispe.core.runtime

If I try to force it through to materialize anyhow, I get this error:
ERROR [0003] : Attempt to use an unresolved node. Request is org.eclipse.core.runtime:osgi.bundle/[3.6.0,3.6.0]

What's going on? Obviously org.eclipse.core.runtime is there ...
Re: cannot resolve org.eclipse.core.runtime with buckminster on osx [message #642157 is a reply to message #642126] Tue, 30 November 2010 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Tamar,

Seems you're using an exact version in your dependency and I don't belive there is a "3.6.0" version of the
o.e.core.runtime. You need to either appoint an exact version that exists (with qualifier and all) or use a more lax
version range such as [3.6.0,3.7.0)

HTH,
Thomas Hallgren

On 2010-11-30 01:00, Tamar Cohen wrote:
> I have been struggling with my first Buckminster experiment to no avail and am hoping someone can help me.
> org.eclipse.core.runtime is never resolved when I try to resolve (either to a wizard or to materialize)
>
> At this point I have reduced my setup to a set of 2 features and 1 plugin that are in my svn repository; my cquery looks
> for features and bundles either in svn or on the target platform. I have tried my running target platform and other
> target platforms. I have tried specifying the build just for osx, and not.
> Other org.eclipse bundles are resolved from the target platform, just not org.eclispe.core.runtime
>
> If I try to force it through to materialize anyhow, I get this error:
> ERROR [0003] : Attempt to use an unresolved node. Request is org.eclipse.core.runtime:osgi.bundle/[3.6.0,3.6.0]
>
> What's going on? Obviously org.eclipse.core.runtime is there ...
Re: cannot resolve org.eclipse.core.runtime with buckminster on osx [message #642300 is a reply to message #642157] Tue, 30 November 2010 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas --

thanks for your prompt response. I wish it were that simple! That does not seem to be the issue. Right now org.eclipse.core.runtime (that I explicitly depend on from my single bundle) has no version requirements. I have tried setting it to match 3.6, I've tried [3.6.0, 4.0.0). Nothing works.

When I look in the manifest for org.eclipse.core.expressions, for example, it is looking for:
org.eclipse.core.runtime;bundle-version="[3.3.0,4.0.0)

(this also fails, and obviously is not my code)

As a side note, there is never a version designator showing up in the column of the wizard for my plugin that is trying to pull in org.eclipse.core.runtime; there is one for the other plugins that pull this one in.

I've also tried being explicit with org.eclipse.* advisor node as follows:
<cq:advisorNode namePattern="org.eclipse.*" componentType="osgi.bundle" useMaterialization="false" useRemoteResolution="false" useWorkspace="false"/>

the idea being to explicitly look for them from the target platform. My next test is to give this a go on a different OS to see if somehow it's an OSX issue.

Again, any input is much appreciated, I REALLY want to give Buckminster a go here.

thanks

Tamar

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2010 19:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cannot resolve org.eclipse.core.runtime with buckminster on osx [message #642334 is a reply to message #642300] Tue, 30 November 2010 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So after running the SAME THING on Linux, it works perfectly. Methinks it's an osx bug. I will try getting 3.6.1 and see if it's already solved, if not I will log it. Quite unfortunate as the point of Buckminster for me was to provide a simple, cross-platform solution.

Hopefully this will be an easy fix.

Tamar
Re: cannot resolve org.eclipse.core.runtime with buckminster on osx [message #642367 is a reply to message #642334] Wed, 01 December 2010 03:28 Go to previous message
3.6.1 fixes it!
Previous Topic:Problem with eclipse.ini generation
Next Topic:Language Fragments missing in the p2 site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:02:24 GMT 2024