Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse version
eclipse version [message #640283] Fri, 19 November 2010 17:31 Go to next message
manish  is currently offline manish
Messages: 11
Registered: November 2010
Junior Member
I checked the version of eclipse in help section and it says 1.3xxx. So is this version 3 or earlier version ? In java 1.2 means Java2 and 1.4 means java 4.
If this version is actually version 1.3 , Where can I get version 3 ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2010 17:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: launching eclipse from command line [message #640292 is a reply to message #640283] Fri, 19 November 2010 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak Azad
Messages: 545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 11/20/2010 4:01 AM, manish wrote:
> 1) If I want to launch eclipse from command line as "eclipse -clean" ,
> what shall I do ? Which directory shall I go to in eclipse to use
> "eclipse" command ?
The directory containing eclipse.exe
> 2) I checked the version of eclipse in help section and it says 1.3xxx.
> So is this version 3 or earlier version ? Where can I get version 3 ?
>
> Thanks
>
eclipse version [message #640393 is a reply to message #640292] Sun, 21 November 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manish  is currently offline manish
Messages: 11
Registered: November 2010
Junior Member
I checked the version of eclipse in "About eclipse" link under help tab and it says "Eclipse IDE for Java EE developers 1.3.0.20100617-0521"
When I check the details of this IDE, eclipse platform version is 3.6.0.I20100608-0911 and Java EE IDE is 1.3.0.20100617-0521

1) Does this mean that ecliplse version we are using is 3.6 and Java EE version is 1.3 ? Does eclipse come with java preinstalled or does it require to have Java installed on computer ? If eclipse comes with Java, does it mean that, if I dont have Java installed in my environment, still eclipse will compile and run Java source files and class files ?

2) If I have Java 6 installed on my computer, does eclipse use Java 6 or Java 3 for compilation and running of java classes created within eclipse ?

3) Does it mean that there are two versions of Java running on my computer at same time , one in eclipse and other in laptop ?

4) Can I upgrade java version in eclipse ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 21 November 2010 11:49]

Report message to a moderator

eclipse version [message #640394 is a reply to message #640292] Sun, 21 November 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manish  is currently offline manish
Messages: 11
Registered: November 2010
Junior Member
Sorry same as above details. Submitted twice by mistake.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 November 2010 11:47]

Report message to a moderator

eclipse version [message #640395 is a reply to message #640292] Sun, 21 November 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manish  is currently offline manish
Messages: 11
Registered: November 2010
Junior Member
sorry same as above details

[Updated on: Sun, 21 November 2010 11:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: eclipse version [message #640432 is a reply to message #640393] Sun, 21 November 2010 23:48 Go to previous message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak Azad
Messages: 545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 11/21/2010 10:14 PM, manish wrote:
> I checked the version of eclipse in "About eclipse" link under help tab
> and it says "Eclipse IDE for Java EE developers 1.3.0.20100617-0521" So
> is this version 3 or earlier version ? In java 1.2 means Java2 and 1.4
> means java 4. When I check the details of this IDE, eclipse platform
> version is 3.6.0.I20100608-0911 and Java EE IDE is 1.3.0.20100617-0521
> 1) Does this mean that ecliplse version we are using is 3.6 and Java EE
> version is 1.3 ?
Yes

> Does eclipse come with java preinstalled or does it
> require to have Java installed on computer ?
You should install a JDK separately

> If eclipse comes with Java,
> does it mean that, if I dont have Java installed in my environment,
> still eclipse will compile and run Java source files and class files ?
> 2) If I have Java 6 installed on my computer, does eclipse use Java 6 or
> Java 3 for compilation and running of java classes created within eclipse ?
It will use Java 6, but you can set compiler compliance level on
individual projects.

> 3) Does it mean that there are two versions of Java running on my
> computer at same time , one in eclipse and other in laptop ?
> 4) Can I upgrade java version in eclipse ?
Take a look at these two links
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini
http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_run_Eclipse%3F#Find_the _JRE
Previous Topic:color of editor
Next Topic:Shell for LaunchConfigurationDelegate subclass
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 29 01:48:35 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01720 seconds