Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » No IU for product is created
No IU for product is created [message #635307] Tue, 26 October 2010 11:09 Go to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Messages: 329
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I'm currently having trouble with a build for an eclipse product.
I have a product feature that contains a product file. The product file
is feature based and includes only the product feature, so all very
similar to the mailapp example.

This setup worked just fine with earlier buckminster versions, but it
does not work anymore (I don't know exactly since which versions it's
broken, but I do have problems with the latest 1.3.1.r11579).

What happens is this:
When I invoke the site.p2 action locally on my windows machine (on the
product feature) it creates the p2 repository just fine and I can
confirm with the b3 aggregator that it contains an IU for the product.
If I set the include.site.top property to true, the site is created but
it no longer contains an IU for the product (everything else seems to be
there though).

Doing the same thing on the linux server in hudson creates the site just
fine but it never contains an IU for the product no matter if the
include.site.top is set to true or false. On hudson it's the same
buckminster version as I use locally on my development machine,
1.3.1.r11579.

Has anything changed in that area lately? Any ideas on what I can do to
narrow the issue down?

Thanks and best regards,
Johannes
Re: No IU for product is created [message #635352 is a reply to message #635307] Tue, 26 October 2010 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
Messages: 139
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Johannes,

Not sure about the version ids, but my current buckminster installation
works fine, both on Windows and Linux, without the include.site.tops property.

My versions are:
- Core plugin 1.2.361.r11579
- Highest plugin revision org.eclipse.buckminster.pde 1.2.1.r11582


On 26.10.2010 13:09, Johannes Utzig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently having trouble with a build for an eclipse product.
> I have a product feature that contains a product file. The product file
> is feature based and includes only the product feature, so all very
> similar to the mailapp example.
>
> This setup worked just fine with earlier buckminster versions, but it
> does not work anymore (I don't know exactly since which versions it's
> broken, but I do have problems with the latest 1.3.1.r11579).
>
> What happens is this:
> When I invoke the site.p2 action locally on my windows machine (on the
> product feature) it creates the p2 repository just fine and I can
> confirm with the b3 aggregator that it contains an IU for the product.
> If I set the include.site.top property to true, the site is created but
> it no longer contains an IU for the product (everything else seems to be
> there though).
>
> Doing the same thing on the linux server in hudson creates the site just
> fine but it never contains an IU for the product no matter if the
> include.site.top is set to true or false. On hudson it's the same
> buckminster version as I use locally on my development machine,
> 1.3.1.r11579.
>
> Has anything changed in that area lately? Any ideas on what I can do to
> narrow the issue down?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Johannes
Re: No IU for product is created [message #635388 is a reply to message #635352] Tue, 26 October 2010 16:02 Go to previous message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Messages: 329
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 26.10.2010 16:22, schrieb Carsten Reckord:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> Not sure about the version ids, but my current buckminster installation
> works fine, both on Windows and Linux, without the include.site.tops property.
>
> My versions are:
> - Core plugin 1.2.361.r11579
> - Highest plugin revision org.eclipse.buckminster.pde 1.2.1.r11582
>
>

Hi Carsten and thank you for your reply.

Ok, so it work's for you, that's strange enough since our versions seem
to be the same.

Unless somebody has any pointers for me I will try if it works with the
mailapp example and write back here.

Best regards,
Johannes
Previous Topic:rmap resolution weirdness
Next Topic:problem with the Hello XML World exemple of the documentation
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 20:48:55 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01942 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software