Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Help: Problem installing plugins, "Duplicate location"
icon5.gif  Help: Problem installing plugins, "Duplicate location" [message #629448] Tue, 28 September 2010 10:37 Go to next message
mathcat  is currently offline mathcat Friend
When I firstly install a new plugin, either through online installation or using downloaded local site archive, if I cancel this first time installation, I got an error message of "Duplication Location" when I try to install it again. But it was not installed and I can never install it anymore. What I can do is to delete Eclipse and unpack an other one to try my luck again.

Sometimes I must cancel the installation process, since during the installation, the "NEXT" and "FINISH" button at the license page somtimes(with a high rate) remained DISABLED and colorred gray even if I accept the license. I can only cancel this installation. another bug?
Re: Help: Problem installing plugins, "Duplicate location" [message #629641 is a reply to message #629448] Wed, 29 September 2010 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mathcat  is currently offline mathcat Friend
Problem solved
Re: Help: Problem installing plugins, "Duplicate location" [message #629653 is a reply to message #629448] Wed, 29 September 2010 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maqsood Ahmed is currently offline Maqsood AhmedFriend
Hi, make it a habit 2 post how did u come up with the solution.
It wil help other naive users Smile
Thanks
Regards
Mak
Re: Help: Problem installing plugins, "Duplicate location" [message #629711 is a reply to message #629448] Wed, 29 September 2010 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karthik Natarajan is currently offline Karthik NatarajanFriend

>>When I firstly install a new plugin, either through online installation or using downloaded local site archive, if I cancel this first time installation, I got an error message of "Duplication Location" when I try to install it again. But it was not installed and I can never install it anymore. What I can do is to delete Eclipse and unpack an other one to try my luck again.

Select "Available Software Site" below the Add button of Install New Software wizard.
Here you can find the existing successfully installed/ canceled update.
Select and remove from the list....

>>Sometimes I must cancel the installation process, since during the installation, the "NEXT" and "FINISH" button at the license page somtimes(with a high rate) remained DISABLED and colorred gray even if I accept the license. I can only cancel this installation. another bug?

I also faced this problem some time...
Select "Select All" option / uncheck and check again this may give you the temprary solution

Regards
Karthik Natarajan
Re: Help: Problem installing plugins, "Duplicate location" [message #759058 is a reply to message #629711] Fri, 25 November 2011 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinivasadari  is currently offline srinivasadari Friend
Thanks for you suggestion buddy.
I get the same problem,but i resolved best way than this.
Simply click on the down arrow of in the dropdown and select force.com and path of the file name then automatically allowing to install.

hope it'll help you.
Re: Help: Problem installing plugins, "Duplicate location" [message #986513 is a reply to message #629448] Tue, 20 November 2012 17:31 Go to previous message
Bret Hess is currently offline Bret HessFriend
I found the solution. The site is already available on your install. Click the down arrow, and choose "All available sites". Then in the next box below type "egit" as a filter text. Wait for a while and you will see the option to install egit.
Previous Topic:Eclipse No Responding
Next Topic:Where to find Ant Launching Support plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:30:10 GMT 2024